close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Barrel Bushing Change...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by 3rdgen40, Feb 12, 2010.

1. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    I recently bought an oversized barrel bushing for my Mil-Spec.The factory bushing had a lot of play in it.So, I fitted the new bushing nice and tight to the slide and reamed the inside to the same diameter as the factory bushing.It seems to have a tighter slide to frame fit now.My question is,will this have any "downstream effects" as I've heard it called ? I know that changing certain parts on 1911's as well as the way they fit can cause other problems related to the parts change/fit.I haven't gotten to the range yet to test it.Just wondering if I need to do anything else or just go shoot it.Here it is with the new bushing installed...
    [​IMG]

2. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    Crap ! Wrong forum.:embarassed: Mods'...please move this to gunsmithing forum.:whistling:

3. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Dec 18, 2004
    California
    Its cool to post things like this here..This isnt GG..lol

4. RH45

RH45

May 14, 2003
    Fond du Lac, WI
    I'd guess that the only affect you'll see, is better accuracy, which I'd consider a GOOD thing!

5. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

Jun 17, 2007
    Alabama
    I dont have a clue,but let us know how it turns out, I may do the same to my springer!!