close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Barnes X bullets

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Scunyon, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Scunyon

Scunyon Ticket Stroker

Nov 3, 2003
    SC
    I have been looking into trying some of these in my 30.06 to give my Ballistic SilverTips a break.

Does anyone have any real woods insight on how they perform on deer or other game animals?

;c

2. USPcompact

USPcompact

Feb 28, 2004
    North Carolina
    I've been looking for these in .270 WSM as a hog/bear round. From what I've read, they seem to be more oriented towards an animal with a thicker hide than a deer (elk, bear, boar). The newest iteration is supposed to correct any accuracy problems the earlier versions may have had.

3. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Roanoke, VA
    I have been wondering about them also for my Encore .308. Might try some after Santa brings me my RCBS ;f

4. the major

the major

Jul 26, 2003
    lWyoming
    I picked up a new Weatherby .257 a month before hunting season, and 5 boxes of 100 gr x bullets. I intended to use 'em on elk and deer. Unfortunately, the best group I could work up was 1.75", so I gave up for now and took my 30-06 hunting. IF it warms up past 0 around here, I'll do some more work and see if I can get some decent groups.

5. tjpet

tjpet

May 14, 2001
    Utah-Idaho border
    I've used X bullets off and on since they first came out.

They're tough, penetrate well, and have plenty of hunting accuracy. I quit using them in .270 caliber and up since there're cheaper slugs that kill as well for less money.

I still load them up for BG use in my .22/.243's. They turn the peewees into very effective deer and antelope slayers. For that purpose they have no peer.