close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bar/Pub Alias?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Just1More, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Just1More

Just1More

When I go to a pub, I usually keep to myself and surf GT. :cool: Invariably, there always seems to be some bar-fly who wants to strike up a conversation. After a chat with a "regular" the other day, I realized I had given up my first name, place of employment, high-school, number of siblings, and age. I'm not a good liar and when someone asks me a question, I give them an answer. But, I was a little steamed that I gave out that much information to a stranger. :steamed: Not anymore!

Does anybody use an alternate ID for bars/pubs? I'm going to start doing this. Too many weirdos out there.

2. Easterbrook

Easterbrook Wagon Burner

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i politely tell folks that im busy minding my own business and prefer not to strike up a conversation. then a take another sip of wine and look up and ask them why they are still in front of me. they leave me alone after that.

now, if its a hottie...........well, my name is Max Appendage. LOL.

4. JMS

JMS 02

Here's a good one for you, Ima Loser. G-d forbid anyone's social nowadays. Between Facebook, Twitter, etc, etc how dare someone out in public try to strike up a conversation. PS if you know he's a regular, so are you...

5. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

"Hi, I'm Brad. I sell Amway. Have you thought about your financial security?"

Problem solved.

6. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

I used to run with a crew of cops. Several of them were narcotics guys and some just didnt want people knowing who they were. They dressed like general skeeze bags and the narc guys ran with their "official" alias. I used my middle name and my great grandmothers maiden name. Easy to remember if I had to recall it. The other cops made one and stuck to it. We all learnd each others so as to not call them by their real name. The narc guys made several big cases while out just having a good time.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  7. KIMFAB

KIMFAB Kangaroo tooth

Richard Head here.

My friends call me dick

8. Cmacc

Cmacc

Come on. No one would fall for that line. Everybody knows that the word Amway doesn't get mentioned until at least the 2nd hour of the presentation.

9. Agent6-3/8

Agent6-3/8

Isn't that the point of going to bars...to meet/interact with people? :dunno:

10. RenoF250

RenoF250

So you go to a pub to drink but you don't want to talk to anyone? Why don't you just drink at home? It is cheaper.

BTW, none of the information you gave him is harmful although I would not say the name of my employer just something like "I am QC at a sexual appliance factory."

11. Just1More

Just1More

You must be one of those annoying, drunk, morons who rambles and doesn't say anything. Not my type of conversation. Sorry that I ignore you in a pub, but nothing you have to say interests me. Good luck.

12. hpracing007

hpracing007

Rusty Shackleford.

j/k, I just tell people my first name. If it's an undercover, they already know everything about you, ran your tags, and watched you since you've come in. You can accept the free drinks from them if you want but know your limits and make sure you don't get over the limit.

13. PBCounty

PBCounty

I'm generally in a social mood if I am visiting a bar. I don't have a special secret routine. I do sometimes wish I was as cool as some of those guys I see looking all angry and too busy to interact with people (staring into their glow boxes). But then I enjoy talking to women.

14. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

It's a wonder some of you have any friends outside of GT.

Maybe you don't.

15. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Hi... did you know that God has a plan for your life?

16. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I use the alias Ron Jeremy...

17. ocjackel

ocjackel

I used to use 'Ron Mexico' but now everyone knows who I really am.

18. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I've never used an alias in a bar or anywhere else.

The closest I've come is here. I have a screen name I use everywhere else on the Internet and have since 1992. When I signed up here I wasn't sure if I wanted to use my regular name on a "gun nut" forum so I created MtBaldy. I had just been invited to a militia meeting without being told what it was so I was a little wary of "gun people". If I had to do it over again I would probably use my regular screen name.

19. nmstew

nmstew

It's funny to remember all the guys I've seen telling every girl they see that they are a pediatric oncologist, then after last call they sulk into a van that says "ABC plumbing" or whatever. (Not that there is anything wrong with plumbing). I've also had friends who would get cleaned up in the dorm common bathrooms doing prep talks while shaving, "Tonight, instead of being unemployed art majors we are trust-fund sons of so and so oil from Houston, whose Lexuses (Lexi?) just happen to be in the shop."

I think the whole false identity thing is just pathetic.