close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bar Dot sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by nukehayes, Feb 19, 2011.

1. nukehayes

nukehayes

Nov 25, 2008
    Hey guys, did a quick search for replacement bar dot style sights, can't seem to find any threads on them. I love the stock sights on my Kahr PM9 and would like to replicate that on my G19. Any suggestions. I have looked all over Midway and Brownells and can't seem to find what I want. Thanks for your help.

2. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Good luck! :upeyes:

Aside from XS & Kimber, I find nothing--just outdated forums. :whistling:

Any other unicorns you want us to look for? :tongueout:

--Ray

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
  4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I assume you want a “vertical bar” on the rear sight...

MMC used to offer what you want. But MMC is on shaky ground business-wise, and even if you could contact them, I don't think you want to be giving them your money.

While XS does offer a vertical bar rear sight, it lacks the traditional sight notch, offering more of a subtle wedge-shape.

I Dots use a vertical alignment system, but lack the vertical bar you're looking for.

I suppose, you could buy a plain black sight from AmeriGlo, say, and have a slight vertical "bar" ground into the center of it. Then fill that "bar" with white paint; epoxy or engine paint would be a good choice.

You could then pair your customized rear sight with an appropriate front sight--AmeriGlo could no doubt hook you up!

For a handy guy with access to the right tools, this is completely doable, and shouldn’t cost a fortune!

--Ray

5. If you can stand dot/dot, rather than bar/dot, Warren Tactical makes a Dave Sevigny carry night sight that's the bomb.

I've got smaller-dot XS night sights on a Kahr that I like really well, too. The Sevigny's would be tougher for every day, IMHO.