close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bank of America to McMillan: You are a gun company. Find a new bank.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by humanguerrilla, Apr 21, 2012.

1. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Why?

Just because they booted McMillian, I should find another bank? I don't see the connection?

Plenty of business either don't allow firearms or don't want to support the firearms industry.

If I avoided them all or refused to buy their products, I could never leave my house and would probably starve to death.

How about we gun owners clean up our acts and earn the respect that we now think we can demand from society?

Start by shutting up idiots like Ted Nugent, obey the CCW laws and respect a property owners right to not allow firearms on his property, quit handing Uzi's to eight year old children and lose this idiotic SHTF and Zombie mentality.

This isn't about the second amendment or gun owners right, it's about America's perception of gun owners.

Sometimes gun owners are their own worst enemy.

3. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

When a business screws me over, I return the favor.

4. I think you are missing something. He said their plan to move to a more gun friendly bank sounds prudent. B of A doesn't want their business. And you launch into a diatribe against gun owners. Wut?

5. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    I personally will choose to not use them for anything because of this anti-gun political crap. I support a small local bank but still do business with some larger banks. No firearms signs at a store and I choose not shop there if possible. I respect their right and wouldn't carry there and wouldn't carry my money there. I will not support a war against my rights with my money.

I think it is naive to think that this isn't political discrimination and ongoing institutional culture war against our right. Bank of America seems to be following in line of the reported examples of Citi/First Data and others.

You allow institutions to hide behind the need to protect themselves from outdated and usually very misguided antigunner manufactured legal and pr arguments without taking any sort of hit, and we'll see how long it takes to spread. Those who hate the idea of the second amendment wouldn't need even a real mouth foaming, exaggerated Ted Nugent or hyperbole Uzi kids for anything then.

6. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    TBOA would rather do business with illegal immigrants than American manufacturing companies. This is what I gather from my readings over the past year.

7. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

This has nothing to do with the second amendment, or your rights as a gun owner.

It's about the growing negative perception of the gun industry and the fear of litigation for even being connected to the gun industry.

Bank of America didn't give McMillan the boot because they're anti-gun, they did it out of a fear of being involved in a lawsuit against McMillan.

Firearms manufacturers are targets for the anti-gunners and many business's distance themselves from those targets as a matter of self-protection.

Gun owners must do everything possible to fight this growing problem. We can start by being careful, because every accidental discharge or death only worsens the problem.

That's what I meant by reference to the eight years old death, when he was handed a full auto Uzi and shot himself.

We can't fight this battle by running away from every business that pisses us off.
    Do you really think they lose sleep over the loss of your business?

Bank of America is not the enemy, the anti-gunners are the enemy.

8. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Utter nonsense.

WTF?

Look here, Sarah Brady, who says we have to "earn" our God Given natural and civil rights? Our rights WILL be respected, or else. Clean up our act? Who said it was dirty to begin with?

We need more people to start acting like Ted Nugent and not weak kneed liberals masquerading as gun lovers and infesting gun boards like the cancer they are.

WTF says we aren't?

Uh, we don't.

You mean the sense of humor we have on the gun boards, or our loss of cognitive dissonance on the slippery slope issue we fight daily with regard to gun rights or that they may be needed for an extreme emergency that has every chance of happening considering current events?

Except it is and America, by the numbers is a gun loving nation. Businesses, especially ones that are subsidized by the public via our corrupt government, ought to watch their steps when discriminating against the law abiding. We'd be up in arms if a company was violating 1st amendment rights, why should we tolerate our other civil rights being violated?

No, we've got enough wolves in sheep's clothing to keep us busy.

9. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    That perception is only in the minds of Handgun Control and their ilk. America has more gun owners than ever before.

Threats of litigation have receded since passage of a law awhile back that put the kabosh on frivolous lawsuits. Now all we need is a law against frivolous posters. Or stalking horses for gun control organizations on gun boards.

Banks and financiers like Cerebrus Capital Management have seen how wildly successful involvement in the gun business can be.

After reading the article, I have never seen such blatant anti gun bigotry in a long time. Won't be doing business with them, ever.

10. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    No matter what you think, the problem does exist and it's getting worse, not better.

I'm sure Bank of America will mourn the loss of your business.

As for me, I'll still do business with Bank of America and I'll fight the REAL enemies of the second amendment whenever I can.

11. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Glad to know that you won't be voting for the anti-gun Romney.

12. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

I see what you did there.:rofl:

13. TheJ

TheJ NRA Life Member Lifetime Member

Jan 24, 2011
    GA
  14. azatrox

azatrox

Jan 6, 2008
    Arizona
    This.
    I stopped doing business with Bank One (now Chase) years ago for the same reason.

15. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    If BoA wants to show their customers the door, I say have at it. I stopped doing business with them several years ago for many reasons unrelated to guns. They have nothing but disdain for all their customers, not just the ones they show to the door.

But I won't refuse money from my customers just because they're paying with a BoA credit card. Even if they flaunted pro-Romney, anti-gun slogans all day, I'd still take their money, thank you very much.

16. BobbyT

BobbyT

Jul 27, 2008
    Do those who enjoy exercising the 1st Amendment also need to "clean up their act" and walk on eggshells to garner favor from control freaks?

Sounds like it's a good time to post an updated version of the list of companies known to be anti-gun, so we can adjust our spending accordingly.

17. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    THIS.

Clean up my act, my A**

18. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    It exists in your mind and in the mind of sycophants and tools of Brady org who think exercising your rights under God and Constitution require their scrutiny and approval.

Telling someone you don't want their perfectly legal business which even has its own amendment is no different than telling someone you don't want their business because they worship at a certain church. Or have a certain skin color.

19. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    There are plenty of banks out there - it's more like choosing all of the other fast food places and skipping McDonald's, if they went anti-gun.

Imagine the reaction if a bank said "we don't want your business because of your public speech on political issues or because of your religion?

20. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

I don't think you have any idea of the point I was trying to make.

That's my fault for not communicating it better.

This issue is not about your God given rights or about Bank of America being anti-gun.