close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bang-for-Buck

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by gixxer11, Mar 9, 2005.

1. MCKNBRD

MCKNBRD

Feb 2, 2005
    Thomasville, NC
    Cobra's biggest problem is their high roll center...the IRS only forgives so many sins.

As far as V8 powered stuff? I had an 01 Firehawk with the SLP-optioned Bilstein suspension...THAT was a handling car. I showed a C4 Corvette a thing or two in some twisties in the Shenandoah Valley in VA....

As far as whats out there now? If I were spending my $35k on something for twisties, I'd drop it on an STi, and start tweaking the suspension...just a little. Its pretty dang good off the showroom floor.

Byrdman

2. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

Dec 19, 2000
    The newest issue of road and track has a good comparo.

If it was me, for 35k, I'd look for a gently used '02-04 Z06 Corvette and kick some butt.

3. michael t

michael t

Jul 3, 2004
    out back Ky.
    35k gets new 400hp GTO I sure a couple of tweaks and will handle will well. Road course is a Drag Strip with a few corners to change direction for next drag. AC Cobras were not great handlers but were hell on the straight away. and finish lines are where? I remember watching the Cobras at Daytona in 60's. Those Red italian cars would pass Cobras on road course When they pulled on to hi bank part AC would pass like they were stopped.

4. HOV

HOV

Mar 5, 2005
    Another vote for the STi or Evo. All those rear axle beasts you describe don't come new under $35K, and nothing in that price range (Beemers included) can touch these cars.

Evo has the nod in handling

STi has the nod in reliability and out of the box power

5. FreakyBig

FreakyBig Massive Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Tennessee
    Thats not a mans car. I tried sitting in one at an auto show and had my nuts crushed while the door rubbed my left leg and the console my right. It looks like a fancy miata made for runts. The Z3 is just a slightly fancier miata than the S2000.