close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Band of Glockers Clubhouse: Main Thread

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by doctabako, Jul 28, 2005.

1. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

Just noticed that the older threads are gone and may have been archived or deleted altogether. The oldest posting goes back only up to a year ago July 7, 2004.

When I first joined this forum, there was a main thread(can't remember what it was called anymore) which was more dynamic and where posters can chit-chat and post questions that won't entail a separate thread. As there is currently no main clubhouse thread, the funshoots and matches thread has served this purpose but this detracts from the purpose of that thread which is to coordinate upcoming matches and post results, pictures and experiences. One other advantage of a main thread is that it would lessen thread hijacks(which I admit I'm guilty of at times :)) that results when there is no thread to engage in light banter.

If I may, (with deference to the BOG founders who can voice out their objections) I would like to reactivate the main clubhouse thread. I'm not familiar with server restrictions but if really needed, like the Funshoots and Matches thread we could limit the threads to say 30 pages and anyone can start the next one. :)

Forum rules are, as always, in effect and everyone is asked to be nice to one another like civilized and educated people. All BOGs are also enjoined to exercise self-moderation and remind others to behave. Occassional trolls should be dealt with by simply ignoring them and not thru confrontation. In extreme cases, just let the moderators deal with the problem. :)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity
    Expand Collapse
    Pang Altar

Just a suggestion if u guys don't mind

The Funshoots and Matches thread can be a Monthly basis, likewe have a thread for august, sept, etc.

Thanks po!

3. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

The Funshoots and Matches thread restarts every 10 pages and the months do overlap if it still hasn't reached that number of pages. The matches for a particular month are sometimes very few and would result in a fast turnaround but your suggestion would indeed put that thread in a better perspective. Maybe Doc EC,McO and the others have their own thoughts on this :)

4. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

sayang nabura yung old threads when the GT servers crashed last year. All our old pictures were lost, too.

let's just keep this main thread alive. let's see how long it will last compared to the original.

5. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

Yung mga nawawala at nahihiya... mag-post na dito. ;f

6. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

If i can arrange an idpa fun shoot at PBD range, how many of you guys would join? We can have 4-5 stages and have a picnic at the range!

7. JuDGe

JuDGe
    Expand Collapse

siyempre sali dyan ang team CPPSA! ;f

8. mikey177

mikey177
    Expand Collapse
    Remember

Just a quick question: Does StrongHand in Quezon City use teflon heads for reloads?

I'm asking because they have a branch here in our province, but the branch only has lead and copper coated heads, so if StrongHand QC uses teflon, I'm going to write them a letter and request that they get some of those heads here in Pangasinan for us poor Glock owners who have a hard time cleaning out our barrels with polygonal rifling.

9. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

mikey, alam ko walang teflon heads ang stronghand.

I still have 1000 pcs 9mm copper heads from antipolo. yung matitigas parang fmj na. If you want to get them for practice loads, iwan ko sa pb. 1.70ea lang compared to 3.50 sa fmj

10. gundog

gundog
    Expand Collapse
    senior gunner

mikey,

try 1st option sa bulacan st, off west ave. cant miss it since andoks bought the whole street. they have nice teflon, probably the best. cost is around 1.80 to 2.00 per.

11. deenoh

deenoh
    Expand Collapse

Doc,

I'll join if ever

12. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

first option sells teflon for 2.3 pag 40 cal

13. dometop

dometop
    Expand Collapse

Doc, skeds permitting, sali ako sa IDPA mo para matuto sa inyong mga marurunong.

14. mikey177

mikey177
    Expand Collapse
    Remember

Thanks for the info, Doc EC and gun dog. Truth is, glck17 referred me to a gun store in Dagupan that uses good teflon heads; TruWeight din ata source nya. Kaso, since I'm about 40 minutes from Dagupan, I was hoping StrongHand, which is in my city, would also be using teflon heads. Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick with Dagupan --a 40-minute drive to the next city beats a 4-hour drive to QC anytime :)

15. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

Saan nga ba yung PBD range. I'll try to join you guys para matuto na rin ng IDPA format barring unforeseen schedule changes. :)

16. JuDGe

JuDGe
    Expand Collapse

gundog, ang alam ko din nga 2.30 na teflon kay first option, any caliber; are you still getting them at this price? makiki-pabili na lang ako sa yo.... hehehe!

jason, yung teflon ba ni lito is good? hanep kay jethro eh, 2.50 na kuha ko last time dun sa 9mm teflon.

thanks!

17. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

docT: PBD range is 90 West Riverside St. SFDM, QC.

18. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

Thanks DocEC :)

19. jasonub

jasonub
    Expand Collapse

jason, yung teflon ba ni lito is good? hanep kay jethro eh, 2.50 na kuha ko last time dun sa 9mm teflon.

thanks! [/B][/QUOTE]

he won so many times using them is that good enough?;f ;f ;f

si shihan kumuha ng 2000 pero 1500 na lang naiwan. Lito is still using it thus i only got to get 1000 for shihan.

20. doctabako

doctabako
    Expand Collapse
    Gun Aficionado

I use lito's teflon heads for my .45 ACP G30 reloads at True Power, no problems with them from a shooting standpoint, one thing you have to watch out for is that the bullet head's weights are heavier than advertised(due to the thick teflon, or is it epoxy? paint) so adjust your powder loads accordingly. The 230 gr heads I use always come between 235 to 237 gr during chrono. :)