close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Baltimore p.d. Urges cops to use caution with 2a rights group

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by HerrGlock, Jun 8, 2011.

1. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
  2. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

Jan 25, 2008
    New England
    Not surprised by this at all.

A long time ago I decided against putting anything on my car that would in any way be an indicator that I exercise one of our constitutional rights. But more for insulation from having my car ransacked by a crack head than the reaction I might receive from a cop.

3. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    "Criminal Intelligence Bulletin"

Enough Said.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  4. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Jun 6, 2008
    Yeah, CCW'ers are really the demographic to be worried about. :upeyes:

5. N4LP

N4LP

Nov 4, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm going to make one of those with 3 lines and the number 3 just to confuse people.

6. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Roanoke, VA
    Second amendment supporter may be armed. In other breaking news.... water may be wet. :supergrin:

7. ftw13

ftw13

Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth,TX
    libtard cops suck,good cops rule......cops should be rolling around giving thumbs up to that decal not being scared of it

8. That is from the peoples republic of Maryland. Their cops aren't used to meeting civilians that can legally carry concealed guns.

9. Make it with a 2+2, so when they ask you "what's 2+2?" You can say four.

10. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

When they start looking at us as the enemy then they have become an occupation force.

Of course in a ****hole like Maryland it shouldn't come as any surprise. After all they hire idiots like Chief "Lone White Guy' Moose to head up their departments.

11. JMS

JMS 02

May 6, 2007
    Being from Baltimore I quickly realized that the reason they don't let citizens defend themselves is because crime pays. It's a money maker for the government that allows them to keep 'budgeting' money towards their 'fight' which shockingly never ends.

This is the same as the fight against drugs or terrorism. As soon as the 'war' stops so does massive amounts of funding which everyone in power skims off of.

12. unit 900

unit 900

Sep 3, 2000
    Baltimore, Md
    vafish nailed it here. Carry permits are like chicken lips in Md. Officers have NO expectation of decent folks carrying firearms. In the collective lib mind, guns are BAD, so anyone not in uniform carrying one is BAD. Police, infected by decades of liberal democrat rule are not excepted from this frame of mind. I expect the Criminal Intel folks will have a flyer regarding 'molon labe' stickers next. Actually, I'm shocked this hasn't happened; as it's for the children.

If I had a dollar foe every unlicensed businessman I cut a break to for carrying, I could take at least one GT'er to lunch.

13. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Patron

Feb 24, 2000
    Richmond, Virginia
    "what's 2+2?"

An accountant would answer, "What do you want it to be?"

But seriously, it's Balmer and the cops their are notorious for a variety of things. We left in 1962. It used to be a great town where it was safe for elementary school kids to walk for miles by themselves. Now, even the cops are scared.

14. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    And you moved to Richmond???

Nice upgrade....:supergrin:

15. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Shouldn't officers always assume the occupant is armed?

16. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    In MD that cannot be because they do not issue CCW licenses and no one would violate the law against carrying a firearm without one.

17. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    trust me, the thugs in this town will not have this sticker on their cars. city wide elections are comming up. tptb need to scare their voters once more with the white-boogieman.

18. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    Bingo!

19. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    They do offer CCW permits in MD, but its bar none the most restrictive way for a civilian to get a permit to carry in the USA, with the exception of NYC.

You basically need to prove that your life is in dangerfrom a specific threat, as in you already have police records showing someone ALREADY attacked you. Then you need to jump thru additonal hoops.

If some woman was being stalked by an ex, she will probably be dead by the time she gets her permit to carry.

20. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    I know. It was a bit of a caustic remark on MD's seeming perception that other than apparently this sticker no one would possibly be carrying a firearm.