close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ballistic sungleases

Discussion in 'US Military Services' started by Eric1911, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Eric1911

Eric1911

Mar 19, 2007
    Texas
    My Marine son is getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan. Do any of you know whether or not the ballistic sunglasses the Army uses in Iraq would be of any use to my son in Afghanistan? He wears the Oakleys and used those in the sand box, but I don't know if they would be of any use in the mountains or wherever he is there. He normally get all of his gear from the Corps, but some things take time in getting to him. Any input would be appreciated.

Semper Fi

2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Haven't been to the Stan, but it gets bright as hell in the mountains especially at high altitudes sometimes, so it wouldn't hurt to bring em.

3. Korrupted

Korrupted

Jan 23, 2009
    Phoenix, Az
    I wear ESS Ice glasses while shooting. I am very picky when it comes to glasses and these are the best I have ever worn. Very comfortable and adjustable. I paid a little over $50 from Optics Planet.

http://www.esseyepro.com/ICE-2X_146_detail.html

4. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    I wore both ESS and Revision Sawflys in the desert. The ESS's wrap around a bit more, but the Sawflys fit better under a helmet.

5. stengun

stengun

Nov 20, 2004
    Bugtussell, AR
  6. Eric1911

Eric1911

Mar 19, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks for the info, Gentlemen, and very much appreciated! I've sent your recommendations on to my Jarhead and he is supposed to get back with me, when he gets a chance.
    God bless you guys for your service and my son and his brothers/sisters who are doing theirs at this moment.
    Semper Fi

7. phx223

phx223

Apr 25, 2009
    It is most likely too late, and only slightly related to this topic, but usstandardissue.com is a military only site run by oakley that provides military grade optics at a 50% discount to active duty military. If your sons issue optics were not up to par there are plenty of optics on this site and they are every quick to ship. Again its military only so hopefully his unit has the net (it was big in iraq, no clue about afg) so he can set up an account.