close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Baked Potato

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Branspop, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Branspop

Branspop Daddy X2 CLM

Jan 25, 2000
    In search of...
    How do you cook your baked potato?

Do you season the outside with anything?

2. 8 1/2 minutes in the microwave, with butter and pepper (and sometimes sour cream, if I remember), and "Mmmmmmm". :)

3. lwt210

lwt210

Nov 28, 2001
    Alabama
    We coat ours with a little veggie oil on the skin and plop them into the oven.

I pour on the fresh bacon, sour cream, butter and cheddar once it's on the table.

My microwave taters never turn out all that well.

4. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Mar 20, 2003
    Land of the toothless!
    For those desiring a severe case of hypertension, try rubbing them with cold butter and then rolling them in salt and baking for an hour and fifteen minutes @350 degrees. That is the best tasting baked potato I have ever eaten!

5. Lone Wolff

Lone Wolff Tire World...

Dec 17, 2002
    Nebraska
    Holy crap! I'm not being sarcastic, but Canadian microwaves aren't diff from US ones are they? 4 minutes in mine and it's done just right. I suppose that time would work for four, but not one potato.

6. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    I have noticed different cooking times with different microwaves. It is probably due to the differnce in age, power, or a combination of the two...

I have seen one microwave that took about ten minutes to do popcorn;P

7. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Nuke then drown in butter and sour cream;f

8. nickg

nickg

Jan 16, 2002
    i don't like the way the microwave does baked potatoes. i stick mine in the oven for 1 hour and then load it up with just one item...lots of butter!!! :)

9. kilroy2721

kilroy2721

Feb 14, 2002
    Florida
    I coat my potato with oil, then give them a coating of Kosher salt. I prefer to have my potato's baked in a real oven and not a microwave.

10. nivek

nivek

Feb 17, 2004
    Arkansas
    10 minutes in the microwave, then butter, sour cream and salt.

11. GlockSpeed31

GlockSpeed31

Oct 29, 2003
    S. Atlanta GA
    I microwave my potato for about 6-8 min. Then wrap in alum. foil and bake for about 1 hr on 350. Comes out almost like mashed taters. Season w/ salt, pepper & butter. Man, I want a potato now.

12. girlwithagun

girlwithagun XD GAL

Mar 29, 2003
    Virginia
    Russets only.

Scrubbed, light coating of oil and kosher salt, a couple of pokes in the skin, bake at 350 for about an hour.

Serve with butter and pepper.

13. CaptDoug04

CaptDoug04 PM 2005

Feb 16, 2003
    In the big house
    As a result of this thread, I have been on a baked tater kick! Increased butter and sour cream intake along with Baccos!
    "Peg" made this awesome cheesy broccoli caserole the other night that I found myself taking to work and nuking a tater....viola! Lunch! better than Wendy's and no driving required ;f

14. knuckle dragger

knuckle dragger NSAWC

Jul 15, 2002
    Nevada elev 7800 ft
    I rub olive oil on the skin after washing it..and then i bake it for 2 hours at 400 degrees (it makes them perfect) just sit them on the rack without anthing.....then i eat them with ranch dressing and bacon bits on them..
    knuckles

15. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

Jan 27, 2001
    Clarksville, TN
    Anyone else use those thick metal skewers to speed up the cook time? I usually get impatient after about 40 min and nuke them to finish the cooking. I second ranch dressing, works real well with potatoes!