close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

BAD NEWS: Tita Cory diagnosed with colon cancer :-(

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by horge, Mar 24, 2008.

1. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
  2. edtf

edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    QC
    hearing about people being afflicted with cancer is truly sad (Unless super sama ng tao.) Prayer will go out for her tonight

3. bulm540

bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    TN
  4. dnotrex

dnotrex

Aug 25, 2004
    Philippines
    colon cancer is quick and painful.

my prayers for mrs. cory aquino.

5. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Although I don't like some of her decisions (releasing the rebels en masse without reviewing their cases); and what she did to Negros Occidental (declaring the sugar industry a dying industry while visiting Bacolod; and declaring it dead a few hours later when she was in Iloilo), I would still pray for her.

She's just human after all.

The most valuable thing I learned from her is humility.

6. riddler

riddler

Jan 19, 2001
    If it was found during a routine colonoscopy, it can be resected. If it was found out because she showed signs/symptoms, then 9 times out of 10, it is too late!!!!

7. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    not all the time. my mother was diagnosed 1989. she passed away 1993. she was 49 then. she went through numerous operations, chemo, cobalt, pilgrimage to lourdes and fatima. she weighed only 50lbs. more or less when she died. colon cancer is not quick. lung cancer is quicker. but i heard it takes longer when the patient is older.

8. dnotrex

dnotrex

Aug 25, 2004
    Philippines
    well, depends on the cancer cells she have...... i hope madam cory will stay with us for a while. i symphatize with the Aquino family, its painful to see your love one suffer. i knew how it feels too, my pop died 2002 from lung CA, he was smoking since he was 12 yrs old, 2 packs a day malboro red...he was 55.

9. zij11zk

zij11zk

Sep 23, 2006
    will pray for her too... promise talaga... will include her in my daily evening prayers...

10. Things I can remember during her stint as the President of the country:
    - the beginning of 8-10 hour blackouts
    - Mayors and governors being ousted by Pimentel left and right, only to be re-elected back to their posts
    - the vice president carrying a golden gun thru NAIA
    - high hopes for the PCGG to recover Marcos loot (nothing happened, almost all cases dropped or were overturned)
    - Coup-coup-ruop-coup-coup.... parang tilaok ng manok
    - Baguio quake (di nya ito kasalanan, pero kung si GMA...) and the Pinatubo explosion
    - balimbing mentality pervaded the political landscape
    - crafting of Family code, the 1987 constitution
    - Nobel peace prize nominee nga pala sya
    - expulsion of the US military
    and many other important events I couldn't remember anymore...

She has led us through interesting times, and with the Lord's blessing may continue to lead us still, albeit in a moral capacity, through current turmoils. I pray she fares well in this, her latest challenge.

11. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    she underwent chemo first before surgery. that means kalat na.

12. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    my dad died of cancer two months after being diagnosed he was 75 years old then. Fast at the same time when caring for the sick it feels parang the longest day.

13. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    Don't forget the mendiola massacre

14. gen1

gen1

Jan 22, 2005
    Philippines
    she was the most beloved of the post marcos presidents, specially by the generation who helped topple the dictatorship.

she will be dearly missed.

Iyon na lang sanang isa na makapal ang mukha ang dapat kinukuha ni kalawit.