close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bad G30SF to Good G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bilkay, Nov 17, 2012.

1. bilkay

bilkay

Aug 30, 2011
    In February 2012, I bought a G30SF, after having rented one a couple of times at the range. My 30 hated all FMJ, and spat everything at my head or whizzing by my right ear. Other shooters had the same problem. It also didn't like to return to battery. I sent it to Glock, and they replaced the RSA and (I think) the trigger assembly. I don't know if they replaced any other parts. Unfortunately, I still had the same problems, so I returned it to Glock again, stating in my letter to Glock that I would be happy to take a replacement pistol, if they couldn't fix the 30. After a few days, I got a call from a technician (Lee), who offered to replace the pistol. Since they didn't have a Gen4 30, he offered to send me a Gen4 21 but I asked if he could send me a Gen4 19 with night sights (as an offset to the price difference in the pistols). Lee said that wouldn't be a problem, and I got the 19 a couple of weeks later.

The Gen4 19 works flawlessly with everything except PMC Bronze (go figure). I am very happy with the pistol and with Glock- they took good care of me.

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    Nice Glad they got ya a brand new gun... and glad its working like it should for you.. congrats...

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Good to hear that this time your pistol runs as it should. Interesting to hear that they offered to replace it. It certainly is great customer service. I wonder if they could not determine that there was a problem with it or could not determine the solution to the problem.

4. Sorry the G30 did not work out for you, its a great gun. Congrats on the new G19!

5. WebSnyper

WebSnyper

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm curious, what kind of issues does it have with PMC Bronze ammo?

6. Sorry to hear about your troubles but glad they were resolved to your satisfaction. Congrats on the 19!

7. attrapereves

attrapereves

Sep 11, 2011
    Midwest
    Wow, I've never heard about a G30 being that problematic. But didn't the original 30SF models have some problems that eventually got worked out?

8. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

Feb 5, 2010
    st.charles,mo
    i here ya,i shoot buckets of this stuff out of my gen4 19 and my g30gen 3:dunno: