Glock Talk banner

Backup Weapon for CCW

11K views 35 replies 31 participants last post by  SCmasterblaster 
#1 ·
I have a buddy who carries a Glock 19 as his primary ccw weapon and (I can't remember the name of the other gun) a subcompact 9mm on his ankle on occasion, he doesn't do it all the time though.

I currently have only a Glock 23 Gen4 and am contemplating getting a Glock 27 Gen4 and wearing it on my ankle as well.

Does anyone else carry two guns? I've seen a lot of the veteran youtube gun community channels talk about this subject and it seems some people do in fact carry a backup.

What are you thoughts and opinions for carrying a backup ccw weapon? Depending on what state you live in, are you allowed legally to carry more than one weapon/handgun concealed? etc etc etc.

#30 ·
Kind of comical for permit carry, but if you're legal and do it safely, why not?
I have a buddy who carries a Glock 19 as his primary ccw weapon and (I can't remember the name of the other gun) a subcompact 9mm on his ankle on occasion, he doesn't do it all the time though.

I currently have only a Glock 23 Gen4 and am contemplating getting a Glock 27 Gen4 and wearing it on my ankle as well.

Does anyone else carry two guns? I've seen a lot of the veteran youtube gun community channels talk about this subject and it seems some people do in fact carry a backup.

What are you thoughts and opinions for carrying a backup ccw weapon? Depending on what state you live in, are you allowed legally to carry more than one weapon/handgun concealed? etc etc etc.

#32 ·
i hate to carry 1 gun let alone what some you guys carry,i swear some think they are some urban commandos,i do mean this to the poster but really isnt 1 gun enough?Are you extremley trained in the 1st gun?Trained to have defensive and offensive skills?I see guys post pics of carrying 2 guns,4 or 5 mags,2 or 3 knives,some pepper spray,baton plus all there keys,lighters,cigs,cell phones,Come on enough is enough!!
Agreed! When I see posts like that, I can't help but laugh to myself. These people are either full of BS or belong to class of people we in LE refer to as "wanabes" or smackers. Hell I don't even know many cops that carry all that crap. In NJ, we don't have carry, so the closest equivalent would be all the volunteer Fire and EMS guys, that wear all the patches, carry belt packs full of tools and have hundreds of blue lights all over their cars. I carry one gun and sometimes an extra mag, that's it. I'm not going to war.

#33 ·
Do i carry a bug no, I dont even carry extra ammo. Statistically speaking I wont fire more than three shots. With those three shots, hits or not the theat is either neutralized or suppressed either way ive given myself time to remove myself from the area.Police officers have the obligation of staying so it makes sense for them to have a BUG. I think to many people fantisize about being in long drawn out gun fights.

#35 ·
Currently, as a CC'er, I carry a G17 in a GCode Incog at the AIWB position, and a G43 on my ankle. At all times where it's legal. I'm currently going though the hiring process at a PD, and once on duty, I'll probably transition to a G26 for my BUG on my ankle, due to magazine interchangeability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.