close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Backstrap beating...

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by pointnopoint, Aug 19, 2010.

1. I have hogue standard grips, very simalar to what comes on the gun, on my 637 that I like, but they do not cover the backstrap, so the frame is always slamming my hand when I shoot it. Do you know of any small sized grips like the grips that I have but that cover the backstrap? I pocket carry so I would like the grips that don't have a space for the pinky...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  2. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    You might look at the pachmyar Compac grips.

3. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Jan 19, 2004
    Louisville Kentucky
  4. I came up with a very inexpensive fix for a similar problem with my 640. I picked up a length of "grip tape" (about 2 feet) from a local home improvement store and cut a strip approximately 1/4" in width and the same length as the back strap. I cleaned the back strap with alcohol, for good adhesion and attached it to the gun. It still works for me and that length of tape should last a long time. You may have to replace it from time to time, depending on how much you shoot and the condition / location of carry. It may not look "pretty", but it's functional.

5. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    I use Uncle Mike grips on my Model 36.

You are correct to be concerned about the Hogue grips. I had a set of Hogue grips with open backstrap on my Ruger Redhawk .44 magnum for about two shooting sessions. It really beat the crud out of my hands. I switched over to Pachmayr grips and the Ruger suddenly felt like a really sweet shooting gun.

The same with my Ruger SP101. The stock grips beat my hands up badly. I got a pair of Pachmayr's and the gun stopped feeling like one of the Marque de Sade's torture devices.

6. I have Pachmayr Compac's on my SP 101/642/M85 - 3 different brands, all with the same grip I am completely satisfied with. They make all the difference not only for CCW duty but for range trips (ie backstrap covered) with extended use.