close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Backfire on shutoff?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by jpa, Sep 22, 2004.

1. jpa

jpa CLM

May 28, 2001
    Las Vegas NV
    I'm having some issues with my 96 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.

Starting in June or so, it started stalling at idle unless I either choked it or kept on the throttle. I adjusted the idle knob on the carb and raised the idle. That seemed to solve that problem, but now when I shut off, I get a small, quiet backfire. If I choke it when I start it, the backfire is worse. I've tried backing off on the idle speed a bit but then it starts sputtering and stalling again.

The bike was tuned up at the end of last season, it has had about 2000 miles since, oil is fresh as of the beginning of the season. I use 93 octane gas.

2. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

Aug 5, 2004
    Alabama
    Not exactly a bike, but our lawnmower backfires if shutoff at a low rpm. If the throttle is left all the way open, no backfire. My dad believes it's basically dieseling since the engine heats up so much from being run at full throttle for over an hour. Have you checked your cooling system for leaks or blockages?