close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

back to reloading

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by 1canvas, Apr 18, 2010.

1. i am getting back to reloading and have all the equipment. i was wondering about supplies [bullets, primers, and stuff] online. who has the best deals and service online to buy componets?

2. n2extrm

n2extrm

Feb 24, 2009
    Powder valley and Graff's have been pretty fair. The real problem is availability. You can find some real over priced stuff out there, like on gun broker, but I am against buying inflated products. I would suggest just placing an order or two and waiting it out.

3. RustyFN

RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia
    I buy all of my powder and primers at Powder Valley or Graf and Sons. I buy what bullets I don't cast where ever I find a deal.

4. kshutt

kshutt

Aug 24, 2001
    Oklahoma
    If I can't find powder and primers at our "super-range" in OKC, I place an order with Powder Valley.

5. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I've had primers and powder on backorder with grafs since 12-17-09 and haven't heard from them yet. Good luck!

6. dereklord

dereklord

Feb 6, 2010
    North Carolina
    Wow, I am thinking about starting to reload. This is all good info. I am just hoping that the cost offsets itself! :cool:

7. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    Primers are the only thing difficult to find. CCI seems to be a little more available than say, Federal. Place an order for 10,000 from Powder Valley, and while you wait for it to come in, see what you can find elsewhere. It will likely be a LOT more expensive elsewhere, just get what will hold you over.

Most powders are available, and bullets too. Precision Delta is an okay bullet, but they seem to run behind a bit. I use 147gr Montana Gold CMJs which I love, they're $305 for 3000, not too bad a price. I'm about to try a batch of Black Bullet molys (I have a Lone Wolf barrel) that are a LOT cheaper, will use them for practice. There are a BUNCH of bullet manufacturers with bullets available.