close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Back in the 1911 game

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by redbrd, Sep 8, 2012.

1. redbrd

redbrd

Sep 20, 2005
    I have been without a 1911 for a a couple of years. I had a bad experience with a kimber which made me a lil bitter. But a buddy got one a while back and I made the mistake of holding it.
    So I hit a local GS and they had an American Classic 1911 series 70 novac style sights commander style hammer, skelonized trigger (feels smooth). OTD $430.00 (excuding CMC mags) it was used but never fired.
    I know its a budget gun but so far the budget guns have faired better than the high end in my case. I have had a Norinco, Taurus and Kimber 1911's. Norinco and Taurus ran great Kimber was a paper wieght.
    I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but at the price on a forged frame seems like a good base gun even if it takes a bit of work. I will post a range report once I kick it around some.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

2. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Many congrats my friend, couldn't see the pic though:embarassed:

3. redbrd

redbrd

Sep 20, 2005
    Fixed it sorry.
    I have since put about 30rnds through it. Not a proper range visit, but it functioned with the ACT mag that came with it and the CMC mags I had (with 230fmj). No failures. Accuracy can't really comment on yet. I shot at maybe 7m with a coffee can as a target.

4. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
    Plinking with the .45, one of the best uses for it. Enjoy.