close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bac, get one for your "kids"

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Ruggles, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    http://1911-ispt.com/

They deserve the extra protection!

I recommend the Elite w/ the key chain carry method :)

:snoopy::snoopy:

2. I was sold with the statement below from the site:

Thousands of workers have spent many years on the job site, without ever having an object fall on them. However, the prudent worker still wears a hardhat. :rofl:

3. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    I have one of these - EVERY Springfield I have ever owned has a super strong plunger tube spring. I CANNOT get the slide stop in without using a screw driver flathead.

On my custom shop springfield, I don't want to screw it up 1 day. So, I got this, and use it everytime for insurance.

The slide stop on my Brown goes in super easily, though.

4. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

Feb 12, 2007
    Northern Ohio
    I don't think Bac needs one, because I don't think he really shoots any of his collection.:tongueout:

Every gun I own, I shoot, Just takes a little time.:rofl:

5. Greyhoundman

Greyhoundman

Nov 21, 2010
    Ofallon, Mo
    Take a small file and put a small notch on the back of your slide stop where it engages the plunger, it will make pushing in the slide stop allot easier......Idiot Proof even.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    I am all for the capitalist economy so more power to the folks for putting these out for sale :) More 1911s and 1911s stuff the better I say.

That being said I would just lose it if I had one so I will not be buying one but it is cheap insurance for sure.

7. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas

I keep it in my range bag in the package it came with - and yea, I don't want to scratch a $3k 1911, even once by accident...

As for the file idea above - but gun is hard chromed - I don't want to start filing on the slide stop.

8. upnover97

upnover97 NRA member

Oct 7, 2007
    tulsa, ok
    i just saw those on gunbroker tonight by accident seems like a good idea anyway.

9. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Actually, there's a technique that makes it quite simple.

10. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    a business card does the exact same thing and is cheaper, you've got at least 3 laying around somewhere near you right now.

11. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Well, the guy had JUST come out with them when I ordered mine - so he actually threw in several. So, I have quite a few. It wasn't expensive at all considering that.

I used to use a piece of scotch tape. I've tried a card before, but it moves sometimes. Anyway, I like using it just on that 1 gun.

12. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA MEMBER

Dec 19, 2007
    SECONUS in HARD TARGET
    You know it's kinda goofy, but just think of all those 1911's that could have been saved.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  13. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Jul 21, 2009
    WI
    Cripes, I'm a rookie and figured out the "secret" method in a couple of tries. Line it up a little below the plunger and press up and down at the same time. Shnick.