Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Baby Glock Questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by steven07, Nov 18, 2012.

1. steven07

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Toying with the idea of picking up a baby glock but am having a hard time deciding on the caliber as well as whether to try a gen 4 or try to hunt down a gen 3. Currently I only have two glocks in my collection- my beloved g17gen3 and a 21sf that is also gen3 and I would never consider parting with them. I also own a few pocket pistols- LC9 and a Kahr PM40 so shooting a small gun is nothing new to me so out of the three... 26,27, & 33 which would u recommend? I already own 2 9mm and 2 40s so that knocks the ammo ? out and although I do not have a .357sig... I still want one despite the ammo cost. I do not plan to carry this gun often or even at all... it will most likely become a glove box gun so I guess it comes down to which caliber would u recommend and are the gen4 issues still an issue or has that been resolved??? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. SiberianErik

Feb 9, 2009
    reading that made my head hurt for some reason.

I have one Glock left after selling them off for 1911's,HK's etc.. it is the G33. So..there ya go. I did handle a G29SF at Gander the the other day, that would be the only Glock I would consider adding, of course it was $750 :(

3. I carry a g26 gen 4 and no issues. I went with the 26 as I decided to stop playing the caliber game and picked one. It's cheaper that way to buy ammo in bulk.

After carrying it for 9 months vs the 19 I don't see any real drawbacks. I carry it strong side IWB or appendix depending on dress or need. It's not as thin as some of the others but its not as important to me as the grip length. So far I find it the best concealed carry gun I have when capacity, size and reliability all factored in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  4. Based on what you say, I'd vote for the G27 plus a G33 barrel. You'd have .40 or .357 at your disposal for about an extra $100. Not a bad deal. :)

I picked up a G32 barrel for my G23 and have been using my .40 mags with zero problems.
  5. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    Easy answer - G27/G33.
    With just additional barrels and mags you can shoot 40, 357 Sig and 9mm.
    Shoot them all and see which you favor.
    That's what I did.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  6. sig357fan

Apr 8, 2008
    SW OH
    well, if you get the G26, you can only shoot 9mm, go with the G27 or G33 and get a conversion barrel and you can shoot 9mm, then add a Glock or aftermarket barrel of the other caliber, and one weapon can shoot all three.

did this with my G31, one weapon shoots 357 Sig, 40 S&W and 9mm, gotta love Glock versatility!

my only consideration in which one to get would be which caliber I'd want to carry as I'd prefer to carry a stock weapon, but thats just me.

7. rl356

Aug 22, 2008
    Of the three models in question, my recommendation would be for a 3rd Gen G27. Personally, I prefer 3rd gen over 4th gen for the simple fact that the 3rd gen has been around a long time and proven itself time and time again to be a reliable platform. As for caliber, I would choose .40 over 9mm any day for defensive purposes. Maybe also consider a G30SF? .45ACP in a compact package.
  8. Here's what I know, got my G26 Gen 4 last February. The best purchase I have made. Reliable, great EDC in a Crossbreed Supertuck and super accurate. I run Ranger T +P and +P+ for a little extra knock down power.
  9. steven07

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    thank you for everyone's input. Looks like I am about to start my search for a used gen3 27. with the difference in price plus a few more dollars I could prob get a factory 33 barrel and a pair of 33 mags. Basically the only downfall is not having that pretty little stamp on the slide but then again it is a glove box gun...
  10. Tango 1Zero

Tango 1Zero Millennium Member

Nov 8, 1999
    I would get the gen 3 G26.
  11. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    That's what I've got and she Kicks Ars.
    Gen 3 G27s are tanks.
    You should be able to get a LE trade in for song.
  12. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    One more vote for the Gen4 G27.

Love mine!
  13. Kingfish1

Jun 25, 2009
  14. Lowjiber

Jan 26, 2012
    Las Vegas
    My EDC gun is a G26 (Gen 3) that I love. However, the quest for more glocks (I only have three) has got me thinking about a Gen 4 G27. Same holsters, etc.
  15. MJB

Jul 28, 2008
    Treasure Coast FL
    The G26 will accept your G17 mags if that's a consideration.
  16. hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    I love my G27 gen4...
  17. Droid noob

Droid noob

May 27, 2012
    Wouldn't the 27 also accept the 17 mags?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
  18. G19goesBang

Mar 28, 2012
    No it will not, different calibers
  19. steven07

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    no it wouldn't... the 27 is a 40 s&w and the 17 is a 9mm but you did give me a another reason to get that glock 22 in OD green that I have been eyeing at the pawn shop :supergrin: If I do go with the 27 then I have all the more reason to pick it up later and have more compatable magazines to shoot in the 27... that also will feed the 33 barrel and 357 mags!!! I'm sold on the 27 now and have the perfect excuse when the gf starts to raise hell when I bring the g22 home soon too. Yup, there went that tuition reimbursement check!!!
  20. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I like the G26 the best but especially if you want it mostly for shooting as opposed to carrying the G27 and conversion barrels has some merit.