close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AZ Sheriff: Why More Troops at Korean Border Than U.S. Border?

Discussion in 'AWOT' started by windplex, Jun 21, 2011.

1. windplex

windplex

Aug 2, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

2. Because we're at war with N. Korea. We're not at war with Mexico. No rational person would suggest we go to war with Mexico. A rational person would suggest we work out our differences and become closer allies.

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Its a stupid question based upon ignorance.

On July 27, 1953 an armistice was agreed to in the Korean war. An armistice is a temporary stop on hostilities. The Koeran war has never ended; there is just a cease fire. The Korean war is still an active war. We are there to defend an ally that we pledged to defend.

Do you see the answer? We are there because it is an active war that we have pledged to defend a ally.

-Dana

4. Fox184

Fox184

Apr 8, 2010
    The US government doesn't want to secure our border with Mexico, that is why. Just like they won't enforce the current immigration laws.

5. windplex

windplex

Aug 2, 2005
    Milwaukee
    our military personnel is there as a trip wire so the nut jobs in n. korea undeerstand American is immediately in the next war should they start one.

answer

20 million over the border. mexican government does nothing to stop or prosecute and instead relies on the illegally obtained funds from the illegals it sends back to mexico. now that is an invasion condoned if not supported by the mex gov't.

6. windplex

windplex

Aug 2, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Reagan gave illegals living here amnesty. And yet was not able to "work out our differences" -- was Reagan rational or irrational?

The invasion persists even though the amnesty was meant to end it.

Bush I -- rational or irrational? was not able to "work out our differences"

Clinton -- rational or irrational? was not able to "work out our differences"

Bush II -- rational or irrational? was not able to "work out our differences"

Obama -- rational or irrational? was not able to "work out our differences"

AT LEAST 5 presidents have worked on this problem. Are you suggestion we are the irrational ones?

7. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    We're not at war with N. Korea.

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

So do you now support governments restricting the rights of people to leave the country? Would you support this if the US government restricted people from leaving? As a point of reference, when you leave the USA, no-one from the government checks. You go through no passport check to leave other than the airline ticket agent. Do you support having to get CBP approval to leave the USA?

-Dana

9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Do you get checked coming back in?

10. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    While I don't have the exact figures, I'm thinking within the last 5 years US border agents and US citizen have been shot at, killed, and kidnapped much more often, along the Mexican border, then US soldiers and S. Korean civilians have along the Korean border. :dunno:

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

I take it you don't travel often. Every single time I get on an INTERNATIONAL flight, my passport is checked. Any of my associates that have a visa - the validity and expiration date of their visa is checked also.

'Drew

12. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Yes. There is a passport check coming back. This means restrictions on coming into USA.

There are no checks or restrictions to leaving (unless one if carrying over $10k in cash or equivalency and then legally it must be declared to CBP but that said, I have never been checked how much money I have..I also do not carry $10k in cash)

-Dana

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Why more troops at the 38th Parallel?

Let's see...NK invades South Korea and American interests suffer. It's that simple.

I didn't bother to read the link but is it Sheriff Hollywood Joe again?

14. guns54

guns54 toni

Aug 10, 2008
    Ohio
    What world are you living in. Not be smart about it,But Where do you think all the drugs are coming from?

15. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Pakistan? Afghanistan? Burma? California? The CIA?

16. When did we sign a peace treaty?

17. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Jun 2, 2007
    Northern Illinois
    When was WAR declared on North Korea?

18. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Muscogee, he got you there. It was a "police action". As was the "Vietnam thang".

Desert Storm was a true war as in it was a declared war. Did we even declare war with all the Afghanistan and Iraq stuff?:dunno:

19. There is no military invasion. Therefore, military intervention is unwarranted.