Ayoob on"Stand Your Ground"

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ADK_40GLKr, May 3, 2012.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsQeTKnD_f0&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Massad Ayoob - Cato Institute - Stand Your Ground Laws - YouTube[/ame]

Here's an excellent articulation of the concept of SYG.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Ayoob: 10 Cases Where An Armed Citizen Took Down An Active Shooter The Okie Corral Mar 21, 2015
    Mas Ayoob to Tucson March 7-8 2015 Tactics and Training Jan 29, 2015
    Mas Ayoob to Tucson March 7-8 2015 T&T Commercial Postings Jan 29, 2015
    Massad Ayoob: Carrying Spare Ammunition for Self-Defense Carry Issues Jan 18, 2015
    Massad Ayoob's article in newest American Handgunner The Okie Corral Jan 9, 2015

3. I'll definitely have to share this one, absolutely excellent.

Sent from my phone booth

4. Sam Spade

Lifetime Member

#3 Sam Spade, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  5. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

So that is the man I've heard so much about?

He reminds me of Rip Torn a lot.

6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

One of the best speeches/presentations Ive ever heard, well done Mas

:50cal:

7. Can't say I agree w/ everything he says, but that was freaking SPOT ON!

Well done!

IGF

8. This is the best Mas Ayoob video I've ever seen and in a suit/tie behind a podium before a well-known, well-regarded institutional think tank audience I'd say Mas not only hit a grand slam but also set the bar exceedingly high for anyone else succinctly explaining and defending our Second Amendment civil rights. In his other videos I missed his speaking ability; after this video there's no doubt the man is a polished and effective spokesman who definitely knows his subject.

This is a video I will view at least several times because there's a whole lot of information packed into less than a quarter hour. Bravo, Mas; and thanks to the OP for putting the link here.

9. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That was excellent. Mas was clear, concise, and efficient. The amount of topics covered in that relatively brief video is amazing.

10. Fantastic work. It's wonderful that the audience is such a vast group.

11. dooga

dooga New to Glocks

I learned a lot from this video

12. Good post, OP :)

Civil Rights activists. That's what we are :)

#11 ithaca_deerslayer, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  13. Outstanding speech by Massad. I also watched the whole panel discussion put up by Sam if you put all of them together in context it was very good and very informative. Thanks to ADK and Sam for the input. Enjoyed it immensely.

14. Great job, excellent explanation of AOJ and the reasoning behind Stand Your Ground.

15. He has just given us a great example of how we need to present and conduct our selves. The sheeple don't think Like us sheep dogs do...while they may say that they don't agree with what he says or stands for, any half educated person can see that he is a PROFESSIONAL gun owner and responsible human being.

every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

16. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

That was great! Mas speaks with such authority and presence.

#15 SpectreRider, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  17. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I have known Mas since 1989, and he has usually been a gentleman.

#16 SCmasterblaster, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  18. That was very good, like to hear him speak in person.

19. Mas, Is the man.:cool:

20. Been a HUGE Ayoob fan for about thirty five years. I have NEVER heard him say anything legally or tactically that I could find one thing wrong with. Just add this to the list of greatness. Good job as usual, Mas.