close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AWIB kydex holster search

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by SFla27, Jul 21, 2012.

1. SFla27

SFla27

May 1, 2012
    South Florida, USA
    Hey guys,

I have been trying (almost in vain) to find an AIWB holster that has the following qualities:

1. Relatively-low riding
    2. Kydex
    3. Overall thin platform (adds minimal thickness to the rig beyond the dimensions of the pistol)
    4. Belt loop(s) / attachment points are along the sides of the holster, rather than in front.
    5. Cant doesn't matter (prefer zero cant, but if a rig is adjustable, fine).

I have a Raven ACR on order. But that won't be here for a very long time and I would like to begin various training techniques using a holster.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. X-Concealment

X-Concealment NRA Cert.FI/RSO

Apr 7, 2011
    Gunshine State

3. SFla27

SFla27

May 1, 2012
    South Florida, USA
    My apologies.

It would be for my G27 with Trijicon HD sights and an OEM extended slide lock / release.

4. RedsoxFan4Lyfe

RedsoxFan4Lyfe

Jul 16, 2007
    Florida USA
    I would give Dale Fricke holsters a look. I have a few Archangel rigs, one for my Glock and one for my Colt Det. Special snubbie. Great rigs, comfortable and very well made, and not very thick.

http://dalefrickeholsters.com/products.htm

5. hallnh727

hallnh727

Nov 28, 2010
    NH
  6. SFla27

SFla27

May 1, 2012
    South Florida, USA
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look them up!

Have a great day.

SFla27

7. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Been using an Uncle Mike's #12 for my G27/G26 appendix needs...

Works Great, really comfortable, and washes up nicely!

Price is right too...

Patrick

8. SFla27

SFla27

May 1, 2012
    South Florida, USA
    Thanks Patrick. I will look at that too.

Go Wildcats! :)

9. epcnd

epcnd

Jul 22, 2012
    I'm not current on his work but the last AIWB holster I owned was much, much thicker in material and form factor than the RCS AIWB, my leather Galco, or nylon Uncle Mike's.

10. SFla27

SFla27

May 1, 2012
    South Florida, USA
    Some new pictures of the Archangel holster on Dale's website reveals a 'standard' thin kydex shell. Nothing appeared too thick or out of the ordinary.

Just the other day, I had a brief chat with Mr. Fricke about his holsters. And I must say I was impressed. Good man. Good business. Strong values and attention to detail.

11. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    If the Dale Fricke Archangel is what you want, Brownells has them in stock.

12. MLittle

MLittle

Jun 24, 2010
    I did a LOT of research trying to find the perfect kydex aiwb holster a few years ago. Now I own 3 Dale Fricke Archangel holsters. Very thin, good protection for your sights, very smooth on the back making them comfortable to wear. I will say that they are not really low riding however......they ride high enough to provide easy full grip of the pistol stock. They take a little getting used to, but I think a little higher carry has advantages in that you don't have to struggle to grasp the pistol.....very important in a defensive situation. You can order your holsters directly from Dale at the following website: http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/

13. SEH95B

SEH95B

Dec 19, 2007
    Zero Concealment Systems, they say the orders take 30 days but I got mine in 2 weeks and the have a TON of options!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  14. linkscoach

linkscoach SFC OIFIII OEFX

Aug 12, 2011
    Central Kansas
    I have no experience with this holster but I think the Skeleton from http://www.phlster.com/ meets the requirements you listed.