close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Awesome, Awesome holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by pikemaster11, Jul 30, 2012.

1. pikemaster11

pikemaster11

Jun 15, 2012
    KC Area
    Initial review of my Silent Thunder Solo for my Glock 26 Gen 4. I am new to concealed carry and did not want to buy a bunch of different holsters to try and find one I liked. I spent about 3 months researching on the internet, calling holster makers, and talking with people who carried.

I decided I wanted an iwb that could be adjusted for height and cant. I wanted some type of leather against my skin, but with a kydex holster. The crossbreed supertuck was close, but I also wanted a small, one clip holster that was easy on, easy off. It had to be secure on the belt and have the right amount of retention. I found the silent thunder solo from garrett industries.

It had everything I wanted, and nothing I did not. The kydex is lined with leather (so silent draw and reholstering) It even had a little lip on the kydex to help with reholstering. I got it today and tried it on. It was very comfortable, the clip held the gun just right. I did a lot of running, jumping, twisting, dodging (neighbors think I am crazy) and the holster stayed put, and so did the gun. Initial inspection looks like very good quality with excellent stitching.

The part that is against my skin is suede, then a thin layer of neoprene, then leather so it is waterproof, yet very comfortable. I have not carried it day to day yet, so time will tell, but it is off to a great start. I am 6 ft, 180 lbs and this will carry very nicely in the 4ish position.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good. I guess you can tuck in your shirt if desired. Good pictures.

3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    Looks good, I also have a holster from them and its the one I wanted after buying alot of others LOL... its so comfortable wear it everyday, carrying my G30SF,...

4. TeeJay37

TeeJay37

Jun 4, 2012
  5. pikemaster11

pikemaster11

Jun 15, 2012
    KC Area
    It is the standard, I asked about the hd clip, and the gentleman told me it was unnecessary for the 26.

6. The holster looks real nice. Now you need to get a good belt.

7. TeeJay37

TeeJay37

Jun 4, 2012
    Okay. Thanks. I may have to get one.

8. alexhartang

alexhartang

May 17, 2012
    ME
    What's the price on one of these bad boys?

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six

9. TeeJay37

TeeJay37

Jun 4, 2012
    85 on their site.

10. alexhartang

alexhartang

May 17, 2012
    ME
    Not too shabby I may have to pick one up! You can never have too Many quality holsters!

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six

11. ozy

ozy

Oct 25, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Congratulations! I;ll second you findings re: The silent thunder- an excellent product , high quailty built and fair market price. Great people to deal with to boot!

12. pikemaster11

pikemaster11

Jun 15, 2012
    KC Area
    It was 91.50 to my door

13. pikemaster11

pikemaster11

Jun 15, 2012
    KC Area

That is next on my list, along with some GAP floorplates and then I am ready to go

14. linkscoach

linkscoach SFC OIFIII OEFX

Aug 12, 2011
    Central Kansas
    I have a solo for my Shield but haven't decided if I'll keep it or not. I was looking for an appendix holster and after reading reviews on their site I ordered one. It doesn't work at all for me as a AIWB but it is extremely concealable and comfortable from 3:00 to 5:00.

It's such a nice holster that I can't decide if I should keep it or send it on to someone that will put it to good use.