close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Awesome and unexpected perk of new job

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by 21Carrier, Nov 6, 2011.

1. 21Carrier

21Carrier
    Expand Collapse
    Until I Gota 29

I recently started working at an outdoor shop as a second, more full-time job until I finish school. It is geared more towards camping/backpacking/climbing gear than hunting, but that's ok. I am a big backpacker, so I like it. I've been working a ton, which means my free time and shooting has been severely cut back, but it has come with a HUGE perk. We use this system called 3point5. It is used in a lot of outdoor type stores. It is basically a training aide that gives incentives for employees to learn about the products they sell. For instance, I get on the website, spend about 30 minutes to an hour learning about a certain brand and taking tests, and I'm rewarded with great discounts.

Some brands' discounts are pretty mild, while some are insane. For instance, I can order some large brands for as much as 50% off WHOLESALE!!! With some brands' markups, that is like 25% of retail. That's insane! Some take hours to complete, others just 15 minutes. Why is this all relevant here? I just noticed that I can do this for NOSLER!!! After a quick 30 minutes of learning all about Nosler and their products, I can now order ANY of their products (bullets, loaded ammo, even their custom rifles) directly from them, with prices that are a good bit below MidwayUSA. Can we say awesome?!

Blackhawk! is also on the list, as well as a bunch of others. I have a feeling most of the proceeds from my new job will never see my pockets. And before I get asked, no, I can't order you any. I wish I could, but I don't want to have my hookup revoked. Go get a job at a place that participates in 3point5. Just work one shift a week.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. 4949shooter

4949shooter
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

Sounds good!

I guess we will be reading tests about Nosler bullets and wax tubes in the future!

3. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

4. rcd567

rcd567
    Expand Collapse

The reason I don't work at the local Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas is I'd be working for equipment.

5. MedicOni

MedicOni
    Expand Collapse

I think our local REI does something similar... and I'd already decided I want a pt job there once I finish medic school :p

6. Gunnut80

Gunnut80
    Expand Collapse
    Raoul_Duke

That sounds like a sweet deal!