close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Avoiding road rage incidents or pursuit by crazed individuals

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by CDR_Glock, Mar 4, 2014.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock
    Expand Collapse

Mas

The case of the SUV driver pursued by a band of motorcyclists in New York is disturbing. Apart from trying to get to a police station, avoiding conflict, being armed and calling for law enforcement, I was wondering about whether the use of Caltrops was an acceptable option.

Rick

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

Rick, I haven't done a Lexis search or anything on it, but I've never heard of it coming up.

Throwing something out the window designed to blow tires would bring the motorcycles in the NY incident to a much more devastating halt than they would automobiles, and would be a lot easier for opposing counsel to sell to a jury as an attempt to cause death or grave bodily harm.

And, if they remain in the road after your pursuer has blown his tires out, they would present great danger to other, innocent motorists and their passengers.

Besides, where exactly would one keep them where they WOULD be readily available to toss out the window, and WOULDN"T stab folks in your car when they sat on them, stepped on them, or reached for a Chapstick in the glove box or console? :whistling:

You do, however, get the award for most creative question here in quite a while! :cool:

best,
    Mas

3. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock
    Expand Collapse

Good points. I would have kept them in a leather drawstring bag under the seat. I have 12 of them.