close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.avi to DVD

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SavageDragon, Aug 27, 2005.

1. SavageDragon

SavageDragon

Jun 16, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    I want to make a DVD out of .avi's i already have. I have never burned a dvd before so i started searching. I found a copy of neoDVDplus5. It looks like it is doing what it's supposed too, but it is decompressing the files from 300-320MB to almost 4GB's. Is this normal? I thought of double layer dvd's but i don't think i have a double layer burner. Any advice, knowledge, or instructions you have would be greatly appreciated.

2. SavageDragon

SavageDragon

Jun 16, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    Thanks for the links! The program you suggested converts the files to about 1.3GB's. Now my problem is in trying to burn more than one on a DVD. I should be able to fit 3 files on a DVD. They are all in seperate folders but contain the same file names. (.vob, .ifo, etc.) Is there a way to put more than one on a single DVD?

3. pyblood

pyblood

Dec 22, 2003
    Mississippi
    I convert a lot of AVI files and burn them to DVD. I use NeroVision Express to do this. I can add as many avi files as I want as long as it doesn’t exceed the DVD’s capacity. It converts and burns the DVDs for me. I haven’t had a DVD player to not read one yet.

4. SavageDragon

SavageDragon

Jun 16, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    Does it give you a menu to select which vid you want to view?

5. Kjott21

Kjott21 Berserker

Dec 15, 2004
    Emsworth, PA
    Yeah Nero Vision will let you create a menu and chapters.