close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Auto Ordnance M1911s

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by isuzu, Apr 9, 2006.

1. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
  2. Sir way back in 1997 when I was in Villamor airbase I've seen a lot of officers that have either federal arms or auto-ord 1911. But I dont know if there are stores that carry them. Those auto ord 1911 are pre- KAHR amrs era and the one that I personaly shot was not realy that nice. I dont know if they are offial procurement or hand me downs from the USA. I hope this helps.:)

3. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    You're right. The pre-Kahr Auto-Ordnance had terrible hammers and sears. Their frames and slides were okay, but the trigger pull faded quickly.

I think this problem has been corrected by Kahr. They're also releasing a stainless Commander and lightweight stainless Commander models. Prices are not that expensive.

4. Yup with the price comparison I would rather go to ARMSCOR or Rock Island any time of the day. I've seen those three firearms at a gunshow and I think the Rock Island got most of the attention. Even the post Kahr 1911 is still sloppy I think.;)

5. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Has RIA changed their barrels already? RIA barrels looked ugly when the first pistols came out. Armscor's were better. I think Twin Pines supply their own barrels as well as parts. They just buy the frame and slide from Armscor.