close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Auto or Pump? Mossy or Remington?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by SGT45, Apr 13, 2012.

1. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    We have a Winchester 1200, Remington 870, and Mossberg 500A with the ghostrings. This is my 3rd Mossberg and I like the action so well I bought a 20 for upland game. I do think the Mossberg is more "user friendly" as others have pointed out.

3. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    oh i highly doubt that, very very highly. i bet there are more butt stock options alone for pumps than all saiga accessories combined. lol

4. Mossberg 930 SPX, $600 for a 7+1 auto with over 750 assorted loads with zero malfuntions. And it loves the low brass loads for what I call fun shooting. Home defense, 7+1 of 00 buckshot, bring it on.

5. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    Maybe Im mistaken.

But you can do almost everything you can do with an ar to an ak or saiga. Lots of custom Saiga builders. as well.

There are even 2 or 3 bullpup conversions out there.

Not to mention you can make it as short as you like without sacrificing capacity.

Some eye candy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    I have them all.....1187 Special Purpose works great for me with Buck or slugs, Mike.

7. Blackshirt

Blackshirt

Mar 3, 2006
    Waldheim, LA
    I prefer pumps...greater reliability and they will digest a wide variety of shells. Of the pumps, I like the 870 best. Its a great value and will continue to function in the worst of conditions (even double-feeds).

Of the autos, I like the Benelli best. They're pretty reliable in crappy conditions and the have a "select-slug" feature that is great for tactical loading on-the-run.

8. I replaced my Saiga with a Remy 1187. Look forward to shooting it.