close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Auto knives

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Frontiersman101, Jul 30, 2010.

1. What is your favorite auto knife? I have a bech made AFO 2 auto. It is a solid strong knife, but I don't like the tanto blade on it. If I did decide to replace it, what would you suggest? Thanks!

2. JHorner_G17C

JHorner_G17C ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 4, 2007
    Nebraska

3. skyparker

skyparker SkyMan

Nov 3, 2009
    Branson, MO
    My EDC blade is a Benchmade 5000SBK Presidio. For church and dress occasions, I carry a Benchmade Pardue 3550SBK. I'm considering switching to the new manual Benchmade 755MPR.

One of these knives are on me, along with a Glock 27 and/or Diamondback 380, all day and everyday.

4. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Since they are illegal here in MI.
    I may or may not have several cheap ones to play with.
    My favorite is a Frank Beltrame stiletto

5. BigJoe13

BigJoe13

Feb 7, 2010
    NE Arizona
  6. hackinpeat

hackinpeat

May 21, 2010
    Washington
    They are illegal in WA, but I think special permissions may be possible. I'd like to make some one day.

7. trakker45

trakker45

Jun 27, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    That LUDT sounds like a good choice, if you want something tough. Protech also makes very nice autos- the TR-3 is a no-nonsense model. The Protech Brend 2 might also work, if you want something a little flashier.

8. LEAD

LEAD

Jan 9, 2009
    VT
    Benchmade infidel, its tops but expensive.

9. Jason what about the Assisted Opening knives? I love my Kershaw's :supergrin:

10. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Those we can have, though I did have one confiscated by a state trooper when they first became all the rage.

I have several of them now that I like quite a bit.

11. JHorner_G17C

JHorner_G17C ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 4, 2007
    Nebraska

Had one and sold it the day after I held a Microtech. There really is no comparison. The Infidel is just lacking in so many departments when put next to almost ANY Microtech Now EDC blade is a MercWorx Latalis, best side auto Ive ever had.

12. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Agreed, the Infidel really lacks. Not much imagination in design either. Anyone else remember the old "NATO Military" flea market cheapies? Quite similar.

13. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    My favorite auto is a Benchmade Auto Benchmite. It is just about perfect for anything I need to do with a knife. I carry it for dress and Church on Sunday, etc. For everyday use I carry my Benchmade Auto Presidio.

14. Stainz

Stainz

Nov 5, 2002
    Alabama
    My wife gave me a BM 6150 Auto mini-Rukus, to go with my 610 & 615, for Christmas. Insure the lock is off - then deploying it - is slower than the 615/610! I have one auto - that's enough. AO knives - like my 790 Subrosa and ZT-0301 - are fast enough for me, but then, a knife is a sharp tool to me - not a weapon. I have something louder to defend myself with.

The mini-infidel looked nice, as did the 3150 Lertch - which my wife carries!

Stainz

15. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I have the Benchmade 9500SBK Auto Stryker, and LOVE it! It has a tanto blade, but there are other models without. I would highly recommend Benchmade.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/9500

-Cody

16. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    I had the BM Auto Stryker and a BM Auto Tanto. A firm grip on the either would prevent the blade from engaging fully. The Stryker had great blade geometry but I eventually sold it. I pretty much destroyed one scale on the Tanto trying to tap it for a pocket clip. I still have the bag of parts but I somehow doubt BM has a spare scale laying about :faint: