close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Aurora Office Resigns - Tragic

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by NecoDude, Aug 16, 2011.

1. At least he had the credibility to resign/retire. Doesn't excuse my disgust for yet another drunk driver though.

2. NecoDude

NecoDude

Mar 22, 2011
    No Name City...
    Totally agree as this was 100% preventable...

3. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

A tragedy would have been if he had gotten into an accident and hurt someone. This is not tragic, it is pathetic.

4. +1

DUI while on duty, in a unit shows some major integrity issues. I wonder what else he was into? As far as the Cheif's comment about a , "single poor judgement"...I call BS on that too. It might have been the one that got him caught, but it most certainly wasn't his first or only.

5. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

I spoke with someone who worked with this officer in the past, and I came away with the same sentiment you just expressed.

6. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
  7. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

Nov 7, 2001
    Southern WI
    Other news places have said his BAC was .077.

8. So what? He was drunk and this wasn't his first time doing so.

I am permanently embittered towards drunk and impaired drivers after nearly losing one friend to one and having one kill himself driving and crashing drunk.

9. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

Nov 7, 2001
    Southern WI
    He was impaired.

.08 is a pretty strict standard, and he was under that.

Of course, drinking in an .le car, driving an .le car with ANY intoxicants on board, having personal intoxicants in an .le car, and littering from an .le car, should all be violations of work rules at every dept in the US, and every officers ethical standards.

10. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    The .08 standard is an illegal limit, not a legal one. You are presumed to be under the influence at .08 or greater, but merely having a lower alcohol concentration does NOT a sober person make.

But I'm sure that you know that.

11. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Aug 22, 2003
    Nevada
    No great loss for anyone. Hell, the dumass had 31 years in. Unless somehow he will not collect on his retirement, he is golden. Nothing tragic here. That "hero" will find no sympathy in this forum.

MF