Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Attended a York Rite festival this weekend

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by RED64CJ5, Mar 26, 2007.

1. RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    I have now received my Chapter, Council, and Commandery degrees in the York Rite. This weekend, I attended a festival in Tyler, Texas.

Did you know that as a Blue Lodge Mason you are already in the York Rite?

...those desiring more knowledge should inquire about attending a York Rite festival.
  2. Chuck66

Chuck66 Traveling Man

Mar 10, 2004
    East TN
    It has always been my understanding that the Blue Lodge was the beginning of the York Rite.

Is the festival you attended like the one-day conferrals I hear about? Are the one-day conferrals the common manner of rising through the York Rite? I'm wondering if there is still a tradition of doing the degrees one at a time, like the Blue Lodge. I'm guessing that due to the sheer amount of time it would take, that the one-day deals have gained enormous popularity.

3. 25074

25074 "Traveling man"

Jun 29, 2005
    This past saturday, I too had the opportunity to attend what was called a "regional Assembly" for York Rite Council in my area.

We had close to 40 candidates there and it was great.

The best way I can explaine it is like an open stage theatre.

It was great.

I would recommend York Rite Masonry to everyone.
    I will be joining Scottish Rite after I go through the East, (2009)
  4. RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    It was one of the one-day degree conferrals. It was a long day! I think we covered about 9 degrees in the 12 hours we were there.

I've heard of some degrees such as Mark Master being conferred by themselves... A couple of guys there said their local commandaries put them on years ago.
  5. jrr6602

Dec 27, 2006
    Grand Prairie, Tx
    I went through the Chapter and Council in about 3 weeks. We meet on Friday nights, so I attended every Friday night for about a month. I went to a one day York Rite festival in Fort Worth and received by 3 commandery degrees. I got my Super Excellent degree in Dallas. It is only put on once a year.