close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Attempted robbery victim pulls gun on armed suspects (TN)

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by tonyparson, Nov 17, 2011.

1. KennyFSU

KennyFSU What to wear...

Mar 14, 2011
    Florida
    Job well done! I think it's amazing when I hear stories of someone being held up at gunpoint and STILL being able to draw and shoot the BG without any harm being done to them. It's kind of amazing.

2. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Most BG's are just thugs who don't expect law abiding citizens to carry or have the cajones to defend themselves.
    BG: 'Gimme your wallet'
    GG: Bang Bang Bang, "What?"

3. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Must not have used hollow points like HSTs, Gold Dots or Ranger Ts.

4. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    It must frustrate the media when ordinary peasants competently defend themselves with firearms.

5. kj4963

kj4963

Oct 29, 2011
    Thornton, Colorado
    I agree totally.

6. KennyFSU

KennyFSU What to wear...

Mar 14, 2011
    Florida
    Good point MSU; us CCW people still have the element of surprise.

7. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas
  8. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    We need a sarcasm font!

9. ARCman47

ARCman47 Glock for Life

Feb 12, 2011
    Good eye! :rofl:

10. Sierra9

Sierra9

Jan 31, 2009
    How many of you would have the confidence to pull a gun on TWO people who have already pulled guns on you? I admit that I wouldn't.

11. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I've shot some IDPA course that require quick draw and close range (from the hip/waist) shooting double taps on two side by side targets and I was pretty quick and sufficiently accurate for belly/chest shots (I'm tall)..

But, you're right... Two guns? My tactical analysis would tell me I'm outgunned and would be wise to acquiesce to their request (wallet)

I guess it also depends on the law. In Texas we have the right of fresh pursuit when deadly force is threatened. After they turned their back to walk/run away I could open fire without them ever knowing. Crazy law, but it's happened before and cops didnt arrest the shooter.

In the case I'm thinking of (spring of this year, maybe April or May in Houston), the shooter (CCW holder) was held up in a Wafflehouse and then ran to his car to get his gun to open fire as the BGs were driving away.

Why he didn't have it in WH I dont know, they might have had a posted sign denying firearms.

Either way, the shooter in the article has big brass cojones!

12. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Oct 23, 2009
    At the risk of sounding like a bad azz...
    I would hope that I would, having assessed the situation, properly...
    I don't want to be a victim and bad guys deserve to be exterminated. There are plenty people on this planet. If some don't want to play along, nicely, we don't need them. If I assess iminent danger, like they are gonna shoot or beat me anyway, I believe I would take my chances defending myself and / or others.
    I would also think that I am comfortable with my final resting place, should the incident end badly, for me.
    "secure from rant"

13. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas
    :supergrin::supergrin:

14. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    Assume they are going to shoot you anyway. Do you want to be the guy that got gunned down with his handgun still holstered?

15. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    CHATTANOOGA is a crap hole. Sorry... I have a friend tat lives there & went to visit him 2 times. I did not carry a gun back then. I thought I was going to get jumped, killed, robbed or stabbed in the back.