close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

ATI top folding stock with Ghost Ring Sights?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by glock30user, Jul 8, 2010.

1. glock30user

glock30user

May 31, 2007
    U.S.A
    Has anyone used an ATI top folding stock with a Mossberg 590A1 (or similar type sg) with ghost ring sights. I like the stock and the fact that it can make a shotgun easier to transport but I don’t know if the gap in it will fit GRS. It looks like it will but I’m just not sure…any help or info would be much appreciated.

2. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd

Feb 17, 2008
    I tried shooting a couple different folders years ago; can't recall if that was one of them. The recoil was tough to manage due to an awkward or nonexistant cheek weld, and the smaller surface area on my shoulder bearing the recoil force. It was so bad I think I'd simply opt for the much-panned pistol grip instead of a folder.

3. glock30user

glock30user

May 31, 2007
    U.S.A
    I use this top folder on my moss 500 w/bead sight and I like it. I feel less recoil with this than the factory stock. The butt of the top folder is much wider than the factory stock.

4. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Avoid ATI stocks. They are a cheap piece of junk. Not to mention any pistol grip will make removing the safety on a Mossberg remove your hand from a firing grip.

If you MUST go with a folder, Choate Machine & Tool or Butler Creek.

5. glock30user

glock30user

May 31, 2007
    U.S.A
    If I am anywhere I have my sg out the safety is already off…and I would agree that ATI isn’t top of the line but I have used that stock on my 500 for a while and am very happy with it…maybe I just don’t know any better.

6. Glocker08

Glocker08

Sep 22, 2008
    This.

ATI stocks cost less for a reason. It's because they are cheaply made pieces of garbage.