close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

ATI Thunderbolt

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by C J, May 23, 2012.

1. C J

C J

Aug 12, 2011
    I'm new to 1911's and I know what entry level means. Does anyone have any thoughts on ATI Thunderbolt as a first 1911 pistol? It's not a matter of money. How about other suggestions for a first 1911? I know about the whole 'made in USA' vs. Phillipines argument. Thanks.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I think ATIs are the best made 1911s in the Philippines. They're built by SAM.

The Thunderbolt is the bells and whistles model, I believe. I have the standard ATI Military model.

3. triaxle

triaxle

Dec 22, 2006
    pa
    I have the ATI thunderbolt and it has been flawless. I wanted a nother 1911 to go with my TRP and Iam glad I picked this one . Their have been no jams of any kind and no 5000 round brake in like Kimber I had in the past . I changed the grips and use Wilson mags in mine . It also is solid above the slide release like complete frame rail on both sides not notched oyt above the slide lock