close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

atheists talk about god and jesus too much

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Diesel McBadass, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    i swear i log onto facebook and every atheist there just has a ton of posts making fun of jesus or yelling out to everyone there atheists. What are they seeking attention, trying to get people to comment on them? The religious types i know just go about there day and dont try to rub it in anyones face. just an observation......

2. simotek

simotek

Jul 29, 2012
    DC Area
    Maybe they have some really religious friends and are just trying to counter their FB advertisements.

3. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    I seriously doubt your objectivity in making such declarartions. I've never had an atheist knock on my door to spread the subjectively neutral news.

4. Diesel McBadass

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH

Yeah havent had a christian try n about 10 years though. Also many younger people seem to be doing it cause its "cool" and rebellious and all that, just sick of a wall full of religious stuff no matter aha side its from, ust seems its the atheist types 99 percent of the time

5. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    All I see on FB are christian inspired truisms and bible quotes. Can't ever remember seeing a status update that endorsed atheism. Plus, here on this forum it seems about 50/50.

:dunno:

6. Diesel McBadass

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    im guessing the poeple who you are on fb with are a different demographic however. I just saw someone post that he is plkanning to get drunk and piss on a cross, im guessing even atheists would be disgusted.

7. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Apr 22, 2007
    North Idaho
    The religiots on FB continuously spew passages and scripture, they are the first ones to get ignored. But I support their right to believe in magical men in the sky. Have at it.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    You must have a lot of atheist freinds who spend a lot of time on facebook. None of my friends post anything about religion, one way or another. I don't even know how many are or are not religious. Also, unlike many, I know all of my facebook "friends" in the real world.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  9. Diesel McBadass

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    usually not friends, just people i went to high school with, my friends are quiet and respectful about their beliefs or lack of

10. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Dec 23, 2007
    Under the bus
    I solved the problem before it started.

I'm not on Facebook.

11. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Whenever you're complaining about Facebook you're really complaining about your own inability to groom your friends list down to only people that you can tolerate. Every retarded thing that you have to look at from someone more than once is your fault. I really can't think of a more controllable environment in which to interact with people than FB yet it's the one that people gripe the most about which makes me think those gripers are mostly drama queens looking for something to complain about. Do you think maybe the fact that you brought it over here confirms that a little bit?

Do you have any idea how much I would love to shut dip****s out in real life as easily as I can in FB? It would be like some sort of mutant superpower. Click click click and the force field is up for the dumb MF'er. Have a nice life.

I have 51 people on my list and bump one or two a week from there. No complaints about FB from me.

12. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    Atheists act as if they know they're wrong, and have to criticize religion just for validation.

It makes them feel better about their sins.

13. simotek

simotek

Jul 29, 2012
    DC Area
    It's a two way street. Some religious folk like to bash atheists to make themselves feel better about believing what they do.

I don't speak for anyone else, but I know that as an atheist, I feel no need to prove to believers that I am right and they are wrong. Believe whatever you want. It doesn't matter to me.

That said, if I find something funny at the expense of religion I will laugh.

14. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Do you have any evidence that we are wrong?

15. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Your FB is the opposite of mine then. Of my 258 "friends" on facebook I would say about 75% of them are Christian, and the other 25% are atheist.
    On a daily bases I typically see around 10-20 posts about God, Jesus, the bible, or some prayer verse from the Christians. I have never once in all the time I have had FB, seen one of my Atheist friends make a comment about religion. We talk about it in person, but never post about it.

16. High-Gear

High-Gear

Mar 2, 2005
    Kansas
    THIS :goodpost:

17. High-Gear

High-Gear

Mar 2, 2005
    Kansas
    So, when you bash gay people is that your way of feeling better about your latent homosexuality?:rofl:

It sucks when people make judgements about motives doesn't it?

18. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Diesel,

I see what you did here.

:supergrin:

19. Smacktard

Smacktard

Oct 22, 2005

You're dreaming, again.

20. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    It is ironic. Atheists don't usually rail against Buddha, Vishnu, Allah, Brahmin, Odin, or Zeus.

In fact, I have never heard one of them declare, "Odin dammit!" Not once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.