close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ATF Director forced out, who's next?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by verdugo60, Aug 30, 2011.

1. verdugo60

verdugo60
    Expand Collapse

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...o-be-reassigned-amid-fast-and-furious-uproar/

For anyone smarter than me! What's the deal with this? I know we have some Fed guys on here. I just can't seem to get the gist of what the purpose of the operation was in the first place. Some have claimed it was a way to make it look like there were more guns going to Mexico from the US than really were-another angle on shutting down gunshows and 2nd Amendment rights here.

Obviously if you have real insider knowledge or participated in the operation, you won't be blabbing it on the net, but generally, anyone know what this was really about? It really chaps me that this BP agent was killed period, but with guns connected to his own agency(DHS) and other feds. Especially since I am considering employment with some of these guys! :steamed:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Ajon412

Ajon412
    Expand Collapse

It's about time....and more heads should roll, including Holder and beyond..The 2 or 3 BATFE Agents that had the courage to do the right thing (whistle blowers) should be given medals and promoted. The 3 ATF supervisors responsible, who were promoted, should be counting gains of sand at the US/Mexico border...:steamed: I suspect these moves are just for "political appeasement"....

3. HoldHard

HoldHard
    Expand Collapse

Looks like he was just moved over to a different department within DoJ. Exactly what would it take to get fired in the Washington DC branch of the DoJ these days?

Link

HH

4. verdugo60

verdugo60
    Expand Collapse

An act of Congress is the running joke. Unless you are acting on orders from Congress or the Executive Branch already. Or you REALLY have to fall on your sword for the person actually responsible.

5. razdog76

razdog76
    Expand Collapse
    Heavy Mettle

Operation: Slow and Damage Control

6. Hack

Hack
    Expand Collapse
    Crazy CO
    Gold Member

I don't work for that particular agency, but call it damage control, reshuffling the deck, bringing out the scape goat, yada yada.

7. merlynusn

merlynusn
    Expand Collapse

I'd actually say it's damage control. Anyone else think it's odd he gets "moved" shortly after he gives testimony to the Congressional Hearings and says "We wanted to be more forthcoming but DOJ told us not to" ???

8. Hack

Hack
    Expand Collapse
    Crazy CO
    Gold Member

It makes "perfect sense". Move the one likely to crack and cave in beyond accessibility of the opposition.

9. ronduke

ronduke
    Expand Collapse

10. ronduke

ronduke
    Expand Collapse

11. Ajon412

Ajon412
    Expand Collapse

Yea, I saw this one as well. I'm sure the current administration would LOVE for this to just go away, or at least drag this out past the next election cycle. I don't believe that most Americans realize the enormity of Fast and Furiuos..I commend those in the Oversight Committee for "keeping it going" and those in the "responsible media" that recognize this as a legitimate news story. Hopefully those "higher ups" will ultimately be held accountable (if it happens at all)....We can only hope.....

12. verdugo60

verdugo60
    Expand Collapse

I would also like to commend those in the oversight committee. I don't know if their motives are purely unselfish, but at least the system is kind of working. The thing that scares me is how much the DOJ has been able to stonewall our own elected officials on this. Needless to say, THAT kind of power was never intended by the Founders.

13. Glock22C

Glock22C
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

If Joe Q Public was selling guns to drug dealers in Mexico he would be looking at a minimum of 15 years...these guys got promoted...

if people after still don't see that the federal government is corrupt nothing will.

we are dealing with a criminal element here

14. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

Once the sacrificial head roles into the basket, the crowd will disperse, go home and talk about justice being served. Then they move on the the next issue the MSM wants to bring into the consciousness of America, then once that sacrificial head roles into the basket, the crowd will disperse, go home and talk about justice being served, then they move on the the next issue the MSM wants to bring into the consciousness of America, then once that sacrificial head roles into the basket, the crowd will disperse, go home and talk about justice being served, then they move on the the next issue the MSM wants to bring into the consciousness of America, then once that sacrificial head roles into the basket, the crowd will disperse, go home and talk about justice being served, then they move on the the next issue the MSM wants to bring into the consciousness of America...

15. Morris

Morris
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Quoted for the absolute truth.

16. ronduke

ronduke
    Expand Collapse

17. verdugo60

verdugo60
    Expand Collapse

...But then what happens? :whistling: ...totally agree.

18. Hack

Hack
    Expand Collapse
    Crazy CO
    Gold Member

Don't impugn the whole of federal government. It is what it is. Vote in the RIGHT people and you may even help make our lives better. I welcome some new bosses at the highest levels.

19. verdugo60

verdugo60
    Expand Collapse

Hack, I agree that we shouldn't impugn the whole federal government because of crap like this. On the other hand, it is frustrating when you THINK you voted in the right person, and crap like this always seems to keep happening. Might have something to do with the very limited choices we have in WHO we get to vote in, but that's another story.

(None of this is to be misunderstood that I thought the current occupant of the WH was the right person.)