close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AT recommendations, please

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by MB-G26, Jun 23, 2009.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Bk2MiscResource Lifetime Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Missing Sharon
    Well, my long-trusted BOclean has gone the the way of a whole 'security suite' by Comodo....and despite still being able to DL BOclean as a stand-alone, it appears the stand alone is NOT being updated.

I am not happy. I do NOT WANT to change firewalls, etc., such as would be required to do the whole 'suite' that BOclean is now integrated into. I don't mind paying for quality sw product, but I have no use for their now-payware 'bundle' suite - thus, the last update on trojan, etc., sigs my install of BOclean has is dated 5/26. Not good.

Any recommendations for a stand-alone AT that is frequently updated? Doesn't have to be freeway or similar, but I simply am not interested in re-gearing my whole setup just because my AT has been absorbed and incorporated into a payware 'security suite' for which I have neither interest or use as a whole.

TIA,
    m

2. grokdesigns

grokdesigns

Dec 23, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    For real-time anti-malwaren scanning, I recommend Malwarebyte's Anti-malware. You can use the free version as a manual scanner, or pony up $25 for background scanning and scheduled scans.