Assault weapons ban dropped from Senate bill

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by 4 glocks, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Federal Court Upholds Assault Weapons Ban. Political Issues Apr 29, 2015
    7th Circuit Court Rules Assault Weapons Ban OK Based on Feelings The Okie Corral Apr 28, 2015
    Targeting 'assault weapons' again Gun-Control Issues Dec 18, 2014
    Of Lies, NY Times Admits “Assault Weapons Are A Myth” The Okie Corral Sep 14, 2014
    Blogger demands justification for NOT banning so-called 'assault weapons' The Okie Corral Jun 12, 2014

2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I heard that on Rush right after lunch. So, now can I get my backordered Gen 4 G17 please?!?! Oh, and my G17 mags too! :steamed:

:rofl:

Oh and forgot, lets get the ammo trucks running again people! And don't forget to drop the prices back to where the should really be. :supergrin:

3. The NRA just announced this on FB and said that Sen. Feinswine is expected to offer it as an amendment.

4. I figured all along an AWB would DOA and for now I was right.

5. DonD

She'd be an even bigger fool to try that. Reid dropped it and apparently doesn't want it going forward. Don

6. Well this battle is ours. All she will be doing is pulling back and regrouping. War still isn't over.

Unfortunately, I still think prices will stay high and availability low for quite some time. This has scared a lot of people for probably years to come.

7. Hopefully my state responds similarly...

8. barth

barth six barrels

I'll savor every victory.
    But I'm a long way from calmed down and complacent.
    Seems like our government has gotten to approving some laws
    without really seeing them.
    Filling in the blanks after the fact.

I just don't trust these (*&(_(*& for a second.

9. CourtCop

Millennium Member

We cannot let our guard down yet. They will still try to restrict the 2A somehow. Universal background checks, magazine limits, ammo tax, internet sales of guns and ammo restrictions, etc.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. unfortunately there will ALWAYS be MORONS like Feinswein to offer up crap like this...so no you will never be able to let your guard down...but people better start waking up and looking at who they are voting into offices both on the national and especially now the LOCAL level..sure they may have "won" this one BUT im betting people in NY and Colorado dont feel like it.

11. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

Wonder how the folks who bought an AR for the sake of buying an AR (at inflated prices I may add) feel now? Fire sale going on soon at GB!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem
    2. Show Me Glockers

Nothing is over. Nothing has changed.
    She can try to add this to any other bill she wishes. Not to mention that magazine bans are still on there.

13. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I told you guys (consistently for the last 5 years) there would be no AWB.

There will be no 'assault weapons' ban

#16 Warp, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  14. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

yay...so now we can all feel good because the bill that will pass is not going to include an AWB.:whistling: IMHO, that was in there so folks like so many here would give a sigh of relief and be more agreeable to all the other items on their list.

15. Lotiki

Lotiki All that is man

Please god, oh please , let this be a last minute "cover our asses" move by the Dems... Us in Colorado will find out tomorrow afternoon.

16. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

How about a friendly wager?

If a mag capacity bill passes, I'll send you some standard capacity magazines (before it goes into effect and legally, of course, wouldn't break the law or violate GT TOS...)

If no mag capacity bill passes, you send me some standard capacity magazines.

I think a 3:1 ratio sounds more than fair. It passes, I send yo one. It doesn't, you send me 3. After all, if it passes, they will more than triple in value.

You game?

17. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

How about universal background checks, closing the "gun show loophole"? I believe the mag issue may have been tied to the part that was removed. I thought I read that when the story first broke.