close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Assault Weapon Ban Coming

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by UneasyRider, Dec 17, 2012.

1. dukeblue91

dukeblue91
    Expand Collapse

My basis is simple.
    It is the way this is being approached and sold to the public.
    It is very similar to when they passed the Patriot act and sold us on Homeland Security :crying:
    It will be like if you are not for this you don't want to protect the children and other such nonsense.

I mean all it takes is for someone to stand on a soapbox and talk about hope and change and every one runs to vote him in as POTUS.
    4 years later he pretty much bankrupts us and people still bring him back.
    Do you feel that something like this is so farfetched after all this that this outcome could not happen?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. dukeblue91

dukeblue91
    Expand Collapse

EMT this really all depends on what the proposed bill will look like and what is in it.
    There hopefully will be a plan to fight this.
    I also think that you are right with CCW carriers and them not worrying about this affecting them, as that how the last one was past because the hunters did not join the fight.

3. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think it will not happen

4. dukeblue91

dukeblue91
    Expand Collapse

I used to feel the same about such things.
    Lets take Obamacare for instance, most of the public was against it and so was congress and the Senate and yet it got pushed through even though no one understood the bill and was told the need to vote it in to find out what it all means.
    That fact alone should have made it disappear.
    And guess what, it did get voted in and is here to stay no matter what we the public wanted or thought of it.

5. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

Did you read Di Fi's outline? I mean isn't that what the bill would look like??

Kinda would leave us with no where to go other than to become slaves or felons. Or am I understanding everything wrong?

I know that there are usually negotiations but it seems Obama wants this rammed through like lightning before everyone forgets the tragedy and comes to their senses about what they are proposing.

Meanwhile the liberal AND conservative media are having every Tom, Dick, and Harry on to say how horrible these weapons are and how anyone opposing banning them is a moronic, satanic, poopyhead.

-Emt1581

6. Stevekozak

Stevekozak
    Expand Collapse
    Returning video

Yep. THat is why the current situation gives me some pause as well. Too many ppl believe in the word "can't".

7. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feinstein can write up and publically circulate whatever she wants.

Doesn't mean it has a snowball's chance in hell.

She can't even get that stuff to pass in Cali

#227 Warp, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  8. dukeblue91

dukeblue91
    Expand Collapse

Yes I saw the bill but it has no chance of making it through.
    It is more of a wish list.
    However she knows that too and it will be just a starting point to negotiate down from there.
    But anytime you negotiate you also have to give some and that is why it is so dangerous.
    The question is how much will be left of her bill and how much will pass.
    I'm 99% sure that something is going to pass the question I can't answer is what and how much.

9. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

She said last time...

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here"

I'm thinking the ONLY reason she left out confiscation/forced buy-backs (like the gov. owned them in the first place!!) is so that the bill would be a point of reference and taken seriously by the anti's because they know good and hell well that anything with confiscation won't pass....yet.

I think the BEST we can hope for with the conservatives/pro-gunners sitting with their thumb up their butt is to be allowed to sell/transfer and NOT to have to register. But I do think, at this rate of non-action, a ban is imminent.

On another note, I'm planning on joining the NRA tonight or tomorrow. I've not been a fan because I felt they were too quiet and not nearly aggressive enough but at this point, they are the ONLY voice of opposition. They'll get a year from me. If they defeat everything entirely they'll instantly get a lifetime membership.

-Emt1581

10. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

EMT: What non-action are you speaking of?

11. t4terrific

t4terrific
    Expand Collapse

Won't happen.

12. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

The thing is will LEO support/enforce such a clear violation of the 2A.'08.

13. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot
    Expand Collapse
    OIF 04-05

Yep! I'd bet a ton of money on it.

14. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

Amen....do LEOs enforce NFA items NOW? Sure they do. Same concept just on a much larger scale. "Hey, we're not conficating!"...yet.

-Emt1581

15. dukeblue91

dukeblue91
    Expand Collapse

As long as there is no outright ban on everything and no confiscation Yes they will as it would still be legal.
    There will be some that won't like it but will fall in line.

Now an outright ban and buyback or confiscation No there will be quite a few not doing so.
    It would also cause a revolt here in the US to do this all in one shot and even the anti gun crowd knows that.
    They are walking a fine line with just an AWB and magazine restriction alone and they even run the risk of a revolt if there is no grandfathering either.

#235 dukeblue91, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  16. emt1581

emt1581
    Expand Collapse
    Curious Member

Personally, I feel a revolt on some level is needed for the whacked out grandfathering process. If Feinstein has her way it'd be grandfathering from grandpa and the kids are screwed! Plus the process would be the same as an NFA item.

-Emt1581

17. dukeblue91

dukeblue91
    Expand Collapse

I honestly don't think it will be that harsh as they know this too.
    But they will try this and will also try to hide other laws in other bills to slight them by.
    What ever they pass we need to make sure to punish them when the next election comes for congress and senate with a resounding bang this time around to be sure we are heard.

18. t4terrific

t4terrific
    Expand Collapse

They always do.

19. bcowen22001

bcowen22001
    Expand Collapse

Youve got to remember who is president. Also, the country has more liberal influence in government, even with sell out republicans that cant understand why no one likes them.

20. bcowen22001

bcowen22001
    Expand Collapse

I 2nd the enforcement by local, state, and fed enforcement. They all want to keep their jobs.