Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Assault Weapon Ban Coming

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by UneasyRider, Dec 17, 2012.

1. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    Dianne Feinstein has promised to put a bill on the Senate floor (that is already written) on her first day back in session and that a colleague will do the same in the House that will ban the sale or transfer to or between individuals of semiautomatic weapons and magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. That means that you can’t leave it to anyone, sell it to anyone or give it to anyone. So when you die, the gun dies with you. This would require some form of registration on them. We can bet on the President’s signature if it reaches his desk as well.

After the recent election and the subsequent collapse of values among our less conservative politicians I firmly believe that this bill will pass and within a few months at most it will be impossible to buy an AR, AK, M1A, PTR or anything else that you may really want. Add to that list pistols with magazines over 10 rounds and perhaps some tricks required on them that make them less desirable to the user.

So do you have anything on your list that you just have to have?

Need a few more magazines?
  2. mrmedina

mrmedina NRA Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Most of us, meaning gun owners. We don't protest, we don't camp out in front of city hall. I'm starting to feel I need to be involved and vocal about fighting against a AWB.

I do now feel I need to step up or it will happen.

3. cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    Ordinarily I would say the inability to transfer to anyone would be ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court but with the numbskulls in there now, who knows.

I'll be very interested to see if a new AWB will include an expiration like last time. IIRC, the main reason for having the last one expire was because NICS and such would be in place eventually. Well, so much for that excuse.

Get what you want now.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  4. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

Mar 1, 2005
    Old Dominion
    They can pass whatever they want, enforcing said BS will be nigh impossible.
  5. I'm making a list and checking it twice.

A few more rifles. Need more magazines especially ak-47 and ar-15.

Surplus ak's seem to be drying up or are expensive but I suppose they won't be getting any cheaper. Wish I had a relative in the old soviet block country.
  6. TactiCool

Feb 1, 2012
    Southeast LA.
    I just love the cop-out attitude of all these "a ban is imminent" threads that has infested these forums. Come on guys, Feinstein is always blabbering that she will introduce a ban. That doesn't mean it's going to happen. If a lie is repeated often enough, it becomes the truth.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  7. Devans0

Oct 26, 2011
    Israeli schools faced the same problem with terrorists. They employed/deployed civilian volunteers, teachers and guard that were trained to each school. Clearly making laws to prevent guns from being in certain areas is only clearing the fields of sheepdogs for wolves to slaughter our lambs.
    I would gladly turn in all my guns to be "beat into plowshares" if the crazy and/or bad guys would really, REALLY (without fingers crossed) promise to do the same. However, Pandora's box on gun control is long gone. As for political action? Demo's and Repub's core voters are in nearly equal numbers that are pro guns. The full debate will have to be fought again but the mandate in the last election was economic, not constitutional gun control.

Did I mention that I bought a new lower and a new Daniels Defense AR today, and extra Magpul mags. That will teach DW to send me to our LGS unsupervised.:chatter:

We need rough men (and women) to stand in our defense, that our children can sleep safely in the night.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  8. auto-5

Nov 13, 2011
    A bill like that wouldn't pass the house. Heck I doubt it would get out of committee.
  9. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
  10. cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    Guys, when you have people who are normally pro-2nd starting to question why "someone needs 30 round clips for hunting", I start to worry something actually might be able to pass the Congress.
  11. cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    Why would you say that? They didn't have a problem last time.
  12. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Well they will try something to quite the anti-gun masses. The real issue of mental illness which was ignored by the shooters mother. This fact is being downplayed over the evil guns we own.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  13. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
  14. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

Nov 9, 2008
    I think there are a lot of ostriches posting in this thread.
  15. sebecman

Jun 13, 2008
    Honestly, the Newtown shooting has rocked me to my core and made me challenge my own beliefs.

I have 2 children that will be starting Kindergarten and preschool next year. I am a big guy with many "manly" interests and hobbies and I was quite literally brought to tears watching the event unfold on a rueters blog on friday.

I went home and hugged my kids hard that day.

I suspected then and I KNOW now, that American gun ownership will never be the same. Shooting up malls, colleges and movie theaters are bad enough....but bringing it to an elementary school and killing 27 women and children??

That will do what years of lobbying could not....sway public opinion.

They will pass some new laws, I don't know what will be affected but really,

If they actually do succeed in passing a permanent AW ban that includes no right to transfer and essentially outlaws all existing AW, what's the point of owning them?

If you can't take them out and shoot at public ranges and can't will them to your kids or even sell them in a private sale...kinda takes the fun out of it..atleast for me.
  16. How ironic that the Israeli/American politicians in this country (Bloomberg, Feinstink, Schumer, Emanuel, Lautenberg, Yarmuth) call for Americans to have their guns taken away but no mention about taking the guns away in Israel.

We all should be outraged.
  17. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    I felt the very same way. I do not see the problem as a gun problem but I do think that the low information voters can be brought to that conclusion.

I have read that this sort of thing peaked in the 1990's in the same way that violent crime peaked in the 1970's. But there is no way that we are going to see that in the main stream media.

Thus the pendulum swings and more restrictions on guns will be in our future because our emotions are so very strong about this issue. We will not be able to stand this one.

What "they" don't get is the Israeli scenario. First the terrorists use guns to shoot up soft targets, then the population arms themselves. Next terrorist use explosives and the Israelis build a wall to keep them out. Now the terrorists are lobbing in rockets and mortars and anti missile shields are providing some defense.

When will people learn that it is the man and not the weapon!
  18. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Penn's Woods
    Exactly, and this time the tragedies are fresh in sheeple's minds.

Plus, while we will obviously resist and disobey...I would hope, the manufacturers are screwed.

I have a 5 page thread on the issue over on and not even the people who's forum's namesake is being attacked can come together and unify in an effort other than to write their reps which seem to care less...

...a ban WILL pass. Our personal resistance is our duty!

19. RMTactical

RMTactical CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    They wont take what you already have, they just wont let you have any more...
  20. actionshooter10

actionshooter10 CLM

Dec 29, 2006
    Fun is a bonus. I LOVE to shoot but that's not why I own them.

I believe we all have duties as citizens and I took additional oaths as both military and law enforcement that I take very seriously.

That is why I own firearms.