Asked to leave

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by gajones06, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Went to Bdubs last night an was waiting for my food to come when a manager approached me. He asked if I was aware that it was a non-carry zone and asked me to either put it my car or leave. I calmly explained that I had not seen a sign anywhere or I would have never come in. As I am walking I out I see a Leo rolling up, manager must have thought I was going on a rampage, once outside I asked the manager where it was posted. This is where it gets good... He said "we don't have to post that." and became visibly upset. I told him he might want to so the next time a legal carrying citizen comes in they can see it and know. He let me know as loud as possible that "its my ****ing store and I will not allow anyone to have a gun and it is my decision to post a sign or not." at this point the cop is right behind me and before I can say a word he informed the manager the next time he calls the police on someone and there is no sign posted they will not send an officer." and "that some who is carrying legally shouldn't be treated like a criminal." at this point the manager walks back inside and the cop ended up apologizing to me for how I was treated. All in all buffalo wild wings will no longer get any of my business or anyone of my friends business.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

Which store amigo?

3. mgs

mgs Always Carrying
    Millennium Member

Good for you and the Professional Police Officer.

4. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

What is Bdubs?

5. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Buffalo Wild Wings

6. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

How does Buffalo Wild Wings become Bdubs?

7. okie

okie GT Mayor

Sorry to hear you got kicked out my friend, kudos on the LEO:thumbsup:

8. Yes, which store and were you open carrying?

9. harlenm

Millennium Member

Its actual b dub dubs.

B for buffalo, dub for wild and dubs for wings.

Kind of like how bush was dubya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

10. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

:dunno:

11. How did he know??

I assume you live in GA and I don't think GA is OC.

12. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

13. were you open carrying or concealed carrying?

hopefully not "concealed" carrying, b/c they shouldnt have had any way of knowing you had a gun to begin with....

14. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

:thumbsup:

Though it would probably make more sense to call it by the correct name at the beginning.

15. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Well, OP?

How were you carrying?

16. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

You may want to check your assumptions.

17. mgs

mgs Always Carrying
    Millennium Member

I'm guessing "what was appropriate and legal" to the Police Officer that responded.

18. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I assume you assume his assumptions are wrong, yes?

19. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Basically, to carry a long gun you do not have to have a license to carry as long as you are not prohibited from owning a firearm. To carry a handgun openly or concealed in the state of Georgia (other than on your property or inside your home, car, or your place of business), you must have a Georgia Weapons Carry License (or the older Georgia Firearm License) issued under code 16-11-129. To carry a knife designed for offense with a blade over 5 inches you

http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

#19 Psychman, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  20. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

I am curious if anybody knows if Bdubs is a franchised company. Also is there any corporate policy in place regarding handguns?