close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

arsenal tactical

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by bmungle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. bmungle

bmungle
    Expand Collapse
    'OP'

I was just wondering if anyone has the sgl21 tactical and if they like it. I'm thinking of picking one up. Is there any disadvantages of the rail system. Just looking for some first hand experience.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. adamg01

adamg01
    Expand Collapse

It looks like it would be hard on your hand unless you had a forearm grip.

3. TedG

TedG
    Expand Collapse
    Infidel USA

[​IMG]

4. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic
    Expand Collapse
    magnifi ba$tard

I'd get one of the models with the standard handguards if I were you. Then again, I like to keep my rifles light enough to carry all day and handle quickly, so I don't have much use for heavy railed handguards or the associated accessories; e.g. fvgs, lasers, bipods :upeyes: etc on an AK. ymmv.

Imo, if you want something a bit more interesting than the base SGL21 models, you should get one with a side-folding stock, (standard or triangle). You could always easily swap out the handguard yourself down the road, (and the take-off poly ones would be easy to sell), but installing one of those stocks on a standard fixed-stock AK is quite a bit more difficult.

#4 post-apocalyptic, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  5. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy
    Expand Collapse

It just looks like a regular Arsenal with a MI rail. I'd just buy the rail separately because I like the optics mounts that co witness. I guess my SGL 31 is now an Arsenal Tactical :cool:
    [​IMG]

6. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic
    Expand Collapse
    magnifi ba$tard

Yep, that's all it is.

7. the monk

the monk
    Expand Collapse

+1 - fully agree

8. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy
    Expand Collapse

It would be a great rifle. While I see the advantages of the optic specific top covers, I don't like to be limited to a specific optic. I buy the normal MWI rail system for my AK's. It only adds a few ounces, so no big deal there. I do like to put a short vertical or angled grip on mine, and install ladder rail covers for comfort. Looks great and feels great.

9. bmungle

bmungle
    Expand Collapse
    'OP'

Thanks for the replies. I just want to be able to put a light on it and be able to take it off easily when not in use. I would also like a short vertical grip. I'm really not considering any forward mounted sights, but I am going to put on a krebs peep sight. I just can't make my mind up on which one I want. Thanks guys.

10. adamg01

adamg01
    Expand Collapse

Always keep the ability to use your irons. Nothing is more reliable than your iron sights, and you must always be efficient with them. I could hit a torso at 250yds (possibly 300 but I don't have a rifle range that distance) with irons and that is all I will ask out of my Aks.

11. CarbineKid

CarbineKid
    Expand Collapse

Not to hijack the thread, but how hot do the rails get? I assume if you added the MI rail on you would have to use a VFG or rail covers to keep your hands for getting burned, and would the heat effect teh RDS...right?

12. the monk

the monk
    Expand Collapse

Rails do get hot but more on the upper part by the gas tube. Rail covers will greatly reduce the heat. A quality rds like an aimpoint will not have an issue with the heat. Any rds with the batteries on the bottom will have issues.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2