close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AR's soon to be at Dick's Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Truffle8Shuffle, Dec 9, 2011.

1. I work for Dick's Sporting Goods and heard some news today that I thought I'd share with you all. According to my manager, we will be selling AR's starting either next week or in the next few weeks. Names she could remember were Smith & Wesson, Mossberg, Stag (wasn't 100% sure about this), and Bushmaster. I'd like to see Ruger added to the bunch as we sell their other rifles. Of course Colt and Sig would be nice, too.

Hopefully this means we'll start selling some stuff (mags, lights, etc.) for AR's as well. We can't beat Walmart prices but we seem to be cheaper than other local gun stores for ammo, accessories, and guns so this would give everyone with a store nearby another option when out shopping.

I was telling my manager and buyers from day one that they've been ignoring a huge part of the gun-buying world by not selling EBR's and accessories. It would be nice if this lead to us selling handguns, as well.

I'll update again whenever I find out more info.:supergrin:

2. thunderbat

thunderbat

Sep 5, 2006
    OH
    Will be interesting to see what states they sell them in. Like wal-mart, they dont sell guns in their stores in all states...

3. I hope they will carry them in all of the gun-selling stores. It would be a shame to leave any areas out. However, I know some Yankee states have crappy rules about "Assault Rifles" and/or "high capacity" magazines so this may not happen in those places. :dunno:

4. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

Aug 20, 2011
    On The Edge
    I'm curious as to what the pricing will be. I have found Dick's to be quite high on everything unless they are having some type of a super sale.

5. I doubt they'll carry them in NJ NY MA MD and CA

6. astroboy

astroboy JDM Aficionado

Nov 23, 2011
    LA/IE SoCal

It's will all be wishful thinking for
    us folks here in CA. Sucks.

7. craig19

craig19

Aug 13, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Interesting. Kind of surprised, that if they are going to carry ARs, they wouldn't have started to before Christmas.

8. Have you ever worked in retail? Most of the things that corporate decides doesn't make sense. But better late than never.

9. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    Dicks has/had ARs at my local store. A couple years ago they had S&W M&Ps w/ some cheap optic for $500 or $600 on Black Friday.

10. craig19

craig19

Aug 13, 2010
    NE Ohio

Yep, I worked at Best Buy for a long time. Those in charge would whore out their mothers if they thought they could make a buck.

11. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V
    Dick's here in WV have sold the Remington hunting ARs for several years now.

12. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Second2None

Same here in Texas

13. I was not aware of this. I've only been there a year.

This is true for my store as well, the R15 (.223) and R25 (.308) with no sights, camo, and aluminum hand guards. It'll be nice to see EBR's on the rack.

I also can't wait to see the special Employee Purchase Program price lists :supergrin::tongueout:...

14. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Jul 19, 2004
    Oregon
    I never go to the major sports stores.......high prices and unqualified people answering questions. Find yourself a local gun dealer(small business)and start up a good relationship with these people. Hopefully they will have a gunSmith there or one they recomend. find yourself a gun club and become a menber, the menbers will provide you with a wealth of information.

15. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    What is to the point of Dicks carrying ARs? Their prices on very mediocre guns is going to be absolutely absurd...just like all their other products. Everything there can be had for 20+% less online.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  16. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Because many people are ignorant of what real pricing is on guns. The local Bass Pro sells Glock handguns for $50 OVER MSRP. Any local small gun shop will beat the BPS pricing by $100-200. Despite those facts, Bass Pro sells Glocks left and right, because some people are too dumb (or lazy) to do any shopping, and automatically assume that the big box store has the best pricing. To top it off, almost every Bass Pro gun department employee here is bloody ignorant (Oh, yeah, I saw a video online of someone shooting a Taurus Judge with this PDX1 ammo, and it knocked a 200 pound dummy back 15 feet! Bird shot is a great home defense round for a 12 ga!), and will sell whatever they can to make a sale, regardless if the gun in question meets what the customer said they needed.

17. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Well I don't see DSG in my state selling handguns but AR's would be nice, especially accessories so I don't have to drive 12 miles to my LGS.

18. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    They want to be set for the post-election sale.

19. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

Nov 1, 2000

Just incredibly overpriced like all the guns in Dick's...

20. Wiggity

Wiggity

Aug 23, 2011
    I work at dicks as well and can second this. My manager told me Colts and S&W.