close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AR's showing up at Walmart again

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by HollywoodG23, Jan 30, 2013.

1. I was just in Wally world today and happened to see a bushwacher in the case...guy said a couple came in and none have sold for the 940 bucks??? Is this a sign of normalcy returning???

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. The Fed

The Fed

Dec 23, 2012
    Central Florida
    Is that high? Don't remember what they were selling for before.

3. Not really??? Three weeks ago they were selling on the market for 2-2500??? That is if you could find one

4. kastiron

kastiron CBA Postal Dir

Aug 30, 2005
    SE, South Dakota
    That is great news, I was at a gun show last weekend and saw a RRA complete lower for nearly the same price.

5. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    I'd buy it and flip it for double my money on GB. I do hope this is a sign of things calming down!

DH

6. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    Walmart doesn't and won't start fluctuating their prices like other shops have been doing. Their prices are set by corporate and are not an indication of things calming down, price wise. But the fact that they are getting some in might be a good thing.

7. Pete7072

Pete7072

Aug 23, 2012
    I hope so too.... GO see my link under the Gun Control Section.... I hope the people that spend $2500 on a DPMS Sporticle are happy...

8. I started to pick it up...but would rather just add to my glock collection... lol

9. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA

Is there a rule of thumb of how long you have to hold onto a rifle or pistol before flipping it for profit?

10. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    That is only one Walmart, which got in a "couple" rifles, and is selling them for about 15% over regular prices. And large chains often get priority over the little guys. So I would say no, this is not a return to normalcy.

11. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    EVERY firearm I have ever BOUGHT....I still own. I have a huge Microtech knife collection that I buy and trade with, but I never sell any of my guns. I've GIVEN a rifle to my cousin to go hunting with, he liked it so much he asked where he could find the same one. And because I love my cuz, I just let him have it.

DH

12. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

Aug 8, 2002
    DFW
    No, it's more about intent. You can't buy a gun with intent to resell it. Pretty difficult to enforce though.

ETA: that being said if I saw an AR at regular price I would buy it and then would likely have buyers remorse and then list it on GB for double what I paid for it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  13. I'm like you...I have never sold one of my firearms...plus this Walmart is in a little town in west Virginia... nothing big here...except these mountains... haha

14. F_G

F_G

Jan 11, 2010
    Crown King, AZ
    Don't know about normalcy, but my Walmart got a bunch of the Federal .45acp, WWB 9mm and XM22 .22lr in on Tuesday. Maybe things are turning the corner.

15. I have picked up some random 100 packs of wwb9 and fed 45's...I also grabbed 2 boxes of the 1000 count m22 Winchester 22LR last night...

16. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    I'm not sure about that. You can't buy a firearm from an FFL on behalf of another person except as a gift. AFAIK, you can buy a firearm as an investment, i.e. with the intent to resell it for a profit to a buyer to be determined in the future.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  17. G-nineteen

G-nineteen

Feb 12, 2009
    Would selling through a shop that would do a background check keep you, the seller, out of trouble?