close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Army suicides highest in 26 years

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by johnydoe, Aug 15, 2007.

1. johnydoe

johnydoe

Apr 17, 2007
  2. xxiv

xxiv NRA Member

May 7, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    I don't remember for sure but I recall a 'memo' going out that if you died from DUI or other stupid **** like that then you can be denied benefits, so I would say no if you top yourself then you screw your family double.

3. 16vmkII

16vmkII Whipped

Aug 7, 2004
    PNW
  4. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Apr 26, 2006
    New Mexico
    That just plain sucks man. :sad: I hope the spirit of karma will bite her in the ass.

5. 16vmkII

16vmkII Whipped

Aug 7, 2004
    PNW
    Yup. Dave was a real good guy and his wife divorcing him compounded his PTSD. At least he's resting with the angels now. His wife will probably move on to the next unsuspecting Soldier. :upeyes:

6. RENEA

RENEA Black Rifle guy

Mar 9, 2005
    Iraq
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend bro.

7. 16vmkII

16vmkII Whipped

Aug 7, 2004
    PNW
    I appreciate that. His sister created an account on military.com and you can learn about him there if you want. He's one of my friends on there and I have the same screen name there as here, if anyone's interested.

Not a day goes by where I don't think about him. I had been out on missions for about 2 weeks and when I came back, I found out he had been admitted into the hospital (in Iraq). I immediately went and talked with him to see how he was doing. Apparently he had been having suicidal ideations and they were going to medivac him. I told him to stay strong and he promised he wouldn't kill himself. He was medivaced out and eventually ended up at Madigan, where he wasn't institutionalized...Maybe 3 weeks later he had killed himself. There's an investigation still going on in regards to the huge FUBAR situation Madigan docs created and why he wasn't hospitalized after being medivaced for the suicidal ideations (he obviously had a plan of action to kill himself).

I miss him everyday. :sad: