close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Army suicides highest in 26 years

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by johnydoe, Aug 15, 2007.

1. johnydoe

johnydoe
    Expand Collapse

2. xxiv

xxiv
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

I don't remember for sure but I recall a 'memo' going out that if you died from DUI or other stupid **** like that then you can be denied benefits, so I would say no if you top yourself then you screw your family double.

3. 16vmkII

16vmkII
    Expand Collapse
    Whipped

4. chewybaca67

chewybaca67
    Expand Collapse

That just plain sucks man. :sad: I hope the spirit of karma will bite her in the ass.

5. 16vmkII

16vmkII
    Expand Collapse
    Whipped

Yup. Dave was a real good guy and his wife divorcing him compounded his PTSD. At least he's resting with the angels now. His wife will probably move on to the next unsuspecting Soldier. :upeyes:

6. RENEA

RENEA
    Expand Collapse
    Black Rifle guy

I'm sorry to hear about your friend bro.

7. 16vmkII

16vmkII
    Expand Collapse
    Whipped

I appreciate that. His sister created an account on military.com and you can learn about him there if you want. He's one of my friends on there and I have the same screen name there as here, if anyone's interested.

Not a day goes by where I don't think about him. I had been out on missions for about 2 weeks and when I came back, I found out he had been admitted into the hospital (in Iraq). I immediately went and talked with him to see how he was doing. Apparently he had been having suicidal ideations and they were going to medivac him. I told him to stay strong and he promised he wouldn't kill himself. He was medivaced out and eventually ended up at Madigan, where he wasn't institutionalized...Maybe 3 weeks later he had killed himself. There's an investigation still going on in regards to the huge FUBAR situation Madigan docs created and why he wasn't hospitalized after being medivaced for the suicidal ideations (he obviously had a plan of action to kill himself).

I miss him everyday. :sad: