close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Army Lapel Pin

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by kawalerzysta, Jun 30, 2004.

1. kawalerzysta

kawalerzysta

May 10, 2004
    Mt Pocono, Pa
    Everybody who left Army should get one. Bu I didn't. I want to buy one, but never seen one. So if anybody has pic of official Army Lapel Pin please send it., so I don't buy something that isn't real thing. Thanks. Robert

2. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

Dec 10, 2000
    I got one upon honorable discharge. Try contacting a local Recruiter or military installation Retention Office. Maybe they can get you one.

Good luck!!

3. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

Dec 29, 2000
    Albany, OR USA
    I got one in 1988, and I can't recall when it got lost or misplaced.

4. actionpup

actionpup Psycho Pup!

Dec 2, 2001
    Psychotropics
    I don't know if it would help but try contacting your County Veteran Service Officer. If they are any good they have information and contacts that can usually help.
    apup

5. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
  6. jerryd

jerryd

May 14, 2003
    Stratford, Ct.
    The only thing i got when i was seperated at ft. lewis was a reup talk real milk and a steak dinner then it was off to CT. Still trying to get some of my medals, maybe i should contact John Kerry? ;f

7. 8882rich

8882rich

Jun 7, 2004
    This is the one I got in 2001 sorry the pic isn't the best I left service at Fort Hood

8. MarkP

MarkP

Aug 14, 2000
    land of the free
    never heard of it and didn't get one either.

9. reptiman

reptiman Go Ducks

Apr 13, 2001
    Springfield, Oregon
    I didn't get one either, but I *believe* it's listed on my DD-214. I'm still waiting on my last ARCOM, but seeing how it's been 9 years, I probably won't see it :) .

10. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

Mar 17, 2002
    Mosul, Iraq
    ..my 1st try at trying to attach something:)

Believe this is what your looking for.

Not "everyone" gets one, only those honorably discharged. Probably cost you under $1.00 @ a clothing and sales.

11. The only lapel pin I've ever heard of was worn by Vets after WW2, it was called the "Ruptured Duck". I got out in '77, I don't remember hearing or seeing lapel pins back then.

12. 8882rich

8882rich

Jun 7, 2004
    After seeing jay.shebuski picture I also got one of them but after looking through my stash of crap all I can find is coins and that pin that I posted the pic of.( who knows where I got that one from) So I guess mine in lost, but I also have it listed on my DD-214. I didn't think it was an actual award though. Now I will be digging through stuff becuase that is going to bug me.

13. ibontop

ibontop

Feb 18, 2000
    memphis, TN, USA
    I was totally at a loss till jay.shebuski posted that pic. I got one of those also, back in 91, never knew it was a discharge pin, LoL now I have to find it and stick it with my medals and such, for posterity.