close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Army general is military's first openly gay flag officer

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by Bren, Aug 11, 2012.

1. It's pretty self evident that gay dudes don't go for straight dudes and straight dudes don't go for gay dudes. How is it like housing men and women together again?

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    In 1992 the question was "Are you a homosexual?" Asked to you by a Doctor at least at MEPS station in Jacksonville. It was asked verbally and I don't remember then signing it though I assume there is a legal hook in there somewhere with it.

I didn't get in at that time. :whistling: Took a prescription medication 9 months earlier that barred me for a year after stop taking it. I came back in 1993 after a year in college after DADT was in place and got in... I am sticking to the medicine story... When I went back the doctor took my old chart and a black marker and blacked out the previous question and answer.

3. devildog2067

devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Chicago
    I served in the Marine Corps with some of the most courageous and motivated men and women I have ever known, and I trusted each and every one of them with my life.

On the other hand, we were still a bunch of mostly 18-to-20-year old kids, and we did all kinds of stupid **** all the time, from grabass to hazing to fighting to drinking like idiots. Expect a bunch of Marines to act like professionals in combat or on the drill field and they will impress you. Expect a bunch of Marines to act like professionals all the time and you will be sorely disappointed.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  4. boby

boby

Feb 4, 2006
    Indiana
    You can't reason with these people. They are blinded by religion.

5. Thanks for your service general and congrats.

Who you fall in love with or sleep with is your business.

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Take back his MOH!!!

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Why? Because the straight guys suddenly grow ******s and can't defend themselves against these supposedly homo horn dog rapists?

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    There are some of us that value their opinion because it is the right one. :supergrin:

This kind of crap is ruining this country and world. Believe what you want but people that engage in deviant behavior will have to answer for it someday.

And if you don't believe that your entitled not to. Just remember that unbelief doesn't make it any less true or the sinner any less guilty.

:wavey:

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Belief makes something as true as disbelief makes it false.

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Let's round'em up, tattoo'em and put them in the gas chambers. That'll solve the deviancy and moral corruption problems.

11. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    Why should they even have to think about defending themselves? Why should they lose their privacy?

12. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    So, to be clear, you would strip him of his Medal of Honor for lying about pot use prior to enlistment?

13. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    Let's do a little multiple choice.

A) I stated that he created his problem by lying in the first place.

B)I then stated that people get impeached/fired for honor violations. I opined that I guess it's OK that some people get away with it.

C)I stated that I thought the core issue in the OP was about lying.

D) I then asked if a sitting president should be impeached for lying under oath.

Where did I specifically state I would do anything?

1) A
    2) B
    3) C
    4) D

14. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    For my amusement and probably the amusement of others, lets say I said yes.

I know you are itching to make a statement and go off on me, so have at it, son!!!

Please be original!

15. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You just proved my point that this case isn't about lying...it is about people not wanting gays in the military. You wouldn't answer the question and neither will anyone else in this thread who has been saying it is all about integrity and "lying".

16. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    It is about lying.

It's none of my business if people are gay or not. More importantly, why would I care? All I would care about is if person can do their job competently and not get me killed.

The fact is/was that she lied. She got away with it and now doesn't have to worry. Was it moral/ethical? Who am I to say?

As for your made up MOH recipient, I'll say it again, he caused his own problems by lying. He has only himself to blame.

17. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ok, you seem to just be dancing around the issue.

1). Should the General be forced out of the military, etc?

2) Should a MOH recipient who lied about pot use to join up be stripped of his MOH?

Yes or no?

18. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    She'll still be in the military regardless of what I think.

Your fictional character made his own problems. BTW, how did he get caught in his lie?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  19. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    An interesting tidbit, which hasn't been mentioned on here is that promotion to General has to be approved and voted on by the Senate. I'm sure they were aware of her need to lie, if in fact she did, way back when.