close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Army general is military's first openly gay flag officer

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by Bren, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    I thought we had highly trained professional Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, and Marines.... I would expect them to act like professionals.

2. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    So far we have no takers. A lot of talk about how a "lie is a lie", but now everybody is silent.

3. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    Was there an MOH recipient who lied about smoking pot before his enlistment?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  4. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If there was, would you strip him of it? It is a simple question.

5. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
  6. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    I am trying to remember if that was even a question when I enlisted (1993). You took a drug test but I don't remember the question.

I will loosely answer the question. I think someone who fradulently enlisted or entered as an officer should face a penalty if the Govt can prove it and show damages. The financial penalty would be based on damages the government encumbered. Cheating the vision test to go through flight school then cant fly would be a pretty big financial damage to the government. Going through Selection and being trained as a Delta Operator for a couple hundred K then saying it is against your beliefs to shoot at someone is damages.

Applied to this particular case I am not sure the government suffered any damages seemed they got a lot of service from her and unless she tells them she lied their chance of proving she was a homosexual when she said she wasn't upon entering the service is going to be difficult and probably a waste of government resources. If they could maybe they can kick her out and take away her retirement save the country some money... :dunno:

Just hope they apply that equally and go over every ones paperwork. A bunch in WWII lied about age. Hard to debate that one so we should have took away bennies after we were done with them saved a few bucks. Bunch of liars.... :whistling:

7. We'll never know because no one sweats the small stuff.

There will always be former pot heads, sodomy, and gays in the military of yesterdays, today, and tomorrow.

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    McArthur and Patton would be too busy killing American veterans who only wanted what was due to them.

Bradley and Nimitz probably too busy trying to establish their power bases.

Sergeant York and Audie Murphy were too busy killing jerries to give a damn.

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    As far as lying goes...anybody here; veterans and active duty alike, can tell me that they have yet to lie about anything while on duty?

Let those without sins cast the first stone.

10. Wow, 90%?

You must be incredibly attractive.

:aodnsb:

"...and more?"

11. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    Audie Murphy fraudulently enlisted so he should have been booted anyways.... :whistling: Right??

12. Lampshade

Lampshade

May 11, 2010
    Of course homosexual behavior is a choice. So is heterosexual behavior.

It is kind of sad though that we have several full grown adults in this thread who don't understand the difference between sexual activity and sexual orientation.

13. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    Well if there really were gays doing each other at Normandy while everyone else was busy trying to take France back I can understand how the resulting resentment caused the anti homosexuality article to be put in the UCMJ in 1952. They really should have exercised better self control. :rofl:

14. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    If it came down to him getting stripped I say, he created his own problems by lying.

People are canned/stripped of awards for honor violations, but if they can get away with whatever they do, fine, I guess.

That's the whole issue with this thread - Lying.

Should a sitting president be impeached for lying under oath?

15. Ummagumma

Ummagumma

Sep 26, 2011
    Well, enlighten me; was the question asked (before DADT) if you were a homosexual - which is biology - or if you engaged in said behavior ?

If someone said that they were a celibate homosexual, would they still be allowed to enlist ?

Do you imply that there was no straight soldiers fooling around ? Or are you saying they are all unworthy of being promoted or honorably discharged ?

This whole argument is worthy of Sen. Larry Craig.

16. Ummagumma

Ummagumma

Sep 26, 2011
    The statement worthy of Sarah ;) They exposed what exactly ? The concept ? As in, you seem to imply that it's a choice ?

People are being born homosexual. Heck, penguins are being born homosexual - ask Google if you don't believe me. Just because Judeo-Christian beliefs shun homosexuality doesn't mean it's a "choice". It's a biologically hard wired deviation. Just like Albinos.

17. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    Yes the question was on enlistment papers in 1977. And probably for years afterward.

18. Ummagumma

Ummagumma

Sep 26, 2011
    Again, what question exactly ? About being a homosexual, or about engaging in sex with people of same gender ? 1st is biology, 2nd is biology+choice (although I believe that it's unnatural for a healthy adult to make a choice to stay celibate).

19. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    I can only assume that straight soldiers don't fool around with each other.

To me, putting gay soldiers in the same housing as straight soldiers is like housing men and women together, in the same rooms.

20. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    Both, as in Are you a homosexual or have you engaged in homsexual acts? as I recall or words to that effect. It is also an article that was specifically covered in RTC basic training in the UCMJ class.