close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Army general is military's first openly gay flag officer

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by Bren, Aug 11, 2012.

1. arclight610

arclight610

Dec 2, 2009
    Actually, there is alot of truth in that statement.

2. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Oct 6, 2007
    AZ
    Whatever you say, David Duke.

3. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    outside the wire perimeter.
    No, this was written by a male, homosexual strategist as a manifesto for other homosexual men to consider. I'm sure your response, like the tired rhetoric above, if ever true, was written by someone even you'd think was a "white man."

Besides, the homosexual agenda has literally NOTHING, and I mean it literally has NADA, ZIP, ZERO things to do with civil rights in general and or the Civil Rights movement in particular.

You're mixing apples and moon rocks with this comparison.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  4. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Or, if you prefer, the FBI's crime reports.

5. boby

boby

Feb 4, 2006
    Indiana
    It was written by a homosexual, clearly it must be what every homosexual believes. :upeyes:

In fact it is a civil rights issue.

civil rights

Noun:
    The rights of citizens to political and social freedom and equality.

The term social refers to a characteristic of living organisms as applied to populations of humans and other animals. It always refers to the interaction of organisms with other organisms and to their collective co-existence, irrespective of whether they are aware of it or not, and irrespective of whether the interaction is voluntary or involuntary.

Sure seems like a civil rights issue to me.

6. magic

magic Mean Old Man

Dec 30, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Oh no, it's facing the wrong way! All the gay soldiers patches are in the retreat position!

7. Either she was born gay, lied about it, and is therefore subject to ten years in prison for lying about this, or homosexual behavior is a choice which anyone could possibly make.

The only third choice would be that it's somehow contagious, kinda like leprosy or liberalism.
    How then should it be quarantined, assuming there is no vaccine or cure?

:headscratch:

8. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    outside the wire perimeter.
    Like I said prior, you're still mixing apples and moon rocks in your comparison.

Civil rights cover the broad spectrum of rights as a created being. These supersede governmental rights and are codified so as to prevent discrimination against people based on such things as "RACE," age, religion, national origin, ethnicity and gender.

The attempt to label homosexuality as a civil right is simply something that a group of homosexuals have cooked up themselves. The concept of "being born homosexual" was exposed and admitted to by some of the militants long, long ago.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  9. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
  10. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I wonder how many of you would be for stripping a Medal of Honor recipient if you found out he did pot before they signed up and lied about it. Anyone?

11. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Most people here, apparently, along with dishing out a CM and DD.

12. JW1178

JW1178

Jul 17, 2009
    No kidding.

The idea behind "no gays in the military" is for the same reason they separate male and females. They don't want hanky panky getting in the way of duties. They also don't want other members of the military uncomfortable with each other.

A buddy of mine was in the USMC and another Marine blew kisses at him a few times just to mess with him, not because he was actually gay, and it got that guy discharged. Now, that wouldn't happen.

I have no problem with gays serving, but sexual harassment needs to be taken seriously, and I'm afraid gays will get away with it because if they are punished for it they will just scream discrimination.

13. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
  14. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    Before DADT everyone knew who the gays were, as long as it didnt interfere with duties (never did) nobody gave a crap. Girl i was in my a school with came out the day of the repeal and we were like "knew already."

15. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    An honor code violation will get you canned.

West Point honor code
    "A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do."

United States Air Force Academy
    We will not lie, steal or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does.

United States Naval Academy
    "Who lives here reveres honor, honors duty; we neither lie, cheat, steal nor attempt to deceive."

The United States Coast Guard Academy
    "Who lives here reveres honor, honors duty; we neither lie, cheat, steal nor attempt to deceive."

Lying IS a big deal! She should be held to the same standard as cadet/midshipmen with an honor code violation.

16. NeverMore1701

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    There's got to be more to it than that, 90% of the Soldiers I ever met did that and more, jokingly of course.

17. magic

magic Mean Old Man

Dec 30, 2005
    Las Vegas
    The OP stated that to join the army, you must sign on your application that you are not a homosexual. I assume that is a true statement because nobody here has argued it as a false fact. And he assumes she might have had to sign again throughout her career for security clearance. If that's true, I would find her lie a little worse considering that she is still gay every day she lies about it, compared to your hypothetical MoH recipient who lied about something that happened in the past and is no longer using drugs on a regular basis.

With that said, I don't care if there are gays in the military. Americans are Americans and if you want to serve your country, I don't care what you like to do in bed as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Really, why should anyone care what someone does in their personal time unless it affects their ability to do their job?

18. JW1178

JW1178

Jul 17, 2009
    Well, I only know the story from one person. I guess that Marine was doing it to others as well, and he was not well liked. It's kind of one thing when you do it to people you are friends with, my buddies and I do that.

XOXOXOXOXO :tongueout:

19. NeverMore1701

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Right back to you snookums :whistling:

20. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Jun 25, 2002
    Anniston, Alabama
    I have often wondered how the backwards ass, ignorant, white trash, dumbasses managed to take the stances they did in the 50's. Now I wonder what they will hate when the majority of Americans finally decide to allow gays, like blacks, have the same rights as anyone else, and homophobia and those who embrace it is found to be as unacceptably ignorant as the racially bigoted and their ilk are today?