close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Armscor Rifle .22 Cal ( Not)

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by JBJ16, Feb 10, 2010.

1. JBJ16

JBJ16
    Expand Collapse

2. vega

vega
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the link.

3. JBJ16

JBJ16
    Expand Collapse

To guys based near Armscor plant or have inside news, whats the latest on these products? Are these actually being produced now?

4. theTactician

theTactician
    Expand Collapse

5. JBJ16

JBJ16
    Expand Collapse

Maybe the .gov will be enlightened enough to grant Armscor the license to produce semi-auto AR's a la the US firearms market:wow: He he he wishful thinking ba or highly probable in the near future considering their latest news re: centerfire caliber long firearms production. . . .:whistling: In fact, taking into consideration the popularity in the US market of the RIA line of 1911's they produce, they will have a ready market of RIA brand AR's in the US. Siyempre yung ibang production papatak sa local Pinoy market, he he he.

Found this on their New Products site: Armscor MIG 380

[​IMG]

To build a Semiauto 5.56mm AR would be peanuts for them.

#5 JBJ16, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  6. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

Building ARs would be a cinch, even if the barrels have to be sourced from Dasan or Norinco. With the proper CNC machines and a good source of forgings, it can be done. If not, then why are there some Cebushmasters floating around?:supergrin:

But if Armscor wants to take it one baby step at a time, a bolt-action .223 for less than P20k would be a hot seller.

7. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

Where can I line up for this kind of bolt action :supergrin: - dapat 1:7 twist para you can load 80gr bullets :supergrin: Then rechamber to a 6.5 grendel pag sawa na sa 5.56/.223 :)

8. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, 1/7 or 1/8 twist, but the chamber should be Wylde, I'm sure some shooters will try to shoot military 5.56 in it, a no-no in a .223 chamber. Plus the mag may be Mini-14 based.

9. JBJ16

JBJ16
    Expand Collapse

For me a 22" barreled Remington 700 or Winchester Mod 70 copy in 7.62mm Nato or .30-06 will be fine, of course with the obligatory Picattiny rail. Thank you!:whistling:

10. zorkd

zorkd
    Expand Collapse

a mention of a 380 carbine? why? to drum up sales of 380 ammo? sana i 9mm na nila, with 380 as an option

11. JBJ16

JBJ16
    Expand Collapse

Pang US market yata yon . . . .or testing the waters sa local market . . .. kung AR type ginawa nila in 5.56Nato, and competitively priced at $850 to $1000 sigurado walang maiiwan na inventaryo sa kanila.:whistling:

12. zorkd

zorkd
    Expand Collapse

might not be too far off, their license to manufacture now allows 5.56 stuff.

13. vega

vega
    Expand Collapse

Why not AR based para interchangeable sa AR15 and M16?

14. zorkd

zorkd
    Expand Collapse

but i must add, the RP has yet to contribute its own home grown rendition of the AK-47. philippine hardwood furniture, i imagine it could be a beautiful piece.

15. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

Why not indeed?:cool: Shooters Manufacturing was offering their own ARs at the gunshow, but I suspect the parts came from Norinco, in fact the 20-incher displayed looked just like a Norinco CQ, the Chinese M16A1 clone. http://www.shootersarms.com.ph/firearms_detail.php?id=25

What I meant was a reasonably priced bolt action .223, just like what the guys at the forum posted by the OP proposes.

Armscor should "do the hustle", Shooters is ahead of them already in the AR department:

http://www.shootersarms.com.ph/firearms_detail.php?id=27

#15 CatsMeow, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  16. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

I'd rather that Armscor not go with the AR / AK bandwagon. I hope that they develop their own weapon designs. IMHO, Armscor would be more successful if they go the same route as Kel-tec.

17. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

ARMSCOR should do a rifle that runs well uses common parts and moderately priced. I'm sure they would sell them like hotcakes.

I don't think the common tao or majority of buyers would think gas or piston?? comp trigger or not. The would want something that would go BANG every time, have a steady supply of ammo and parts that are accessible in case of breakage

#17 edtf, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  18. vega

vega
    Expand Collapse

I agree that Armscor should develop their own but like Keltec, they adopted the magazines for ARs and M16s. That way those who already have the mags will not have to stock pile for a different design.

I just checked SAM's website and they have good selection of FAs.